Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Buick GSX

Mercelo

Well done! Great job on painting the lettering on those tires. Nice clean work all around.  I built one in yellow as well, and have another in the stash to do in Apollo White.  I love those GSX's, they are my favorite GM musclecar.

Mercelo

Hi. Awesome job on my favorite muscle car of ALL-TIME. I have purchased one for my 1st model car project in about 30 years. A couple of questions for you. How difficult was placing the GSX striping package on the car? What shade did you use for the engine block? Thanks for a great reference point and example of great modeling.

JerseeJerry55

Hi Jerry, and thanks for the kind words...I'm glad you are inspired, as l believe that's what modelling is all about. To answer your questions, the decals went very smoothly, and mine was an old original release, and you know what old decals do sometimes, but these were ok.  If you have a recent kit, the decals should be in great shape. The color on the engine if l recall correctly was Model Master Chevy engine orange l believe....l finished this one four years ago. I hope this info helps you out my friend, best of luck with your GSX, I will becwatching for the pictures. :D

Thanks. Another question if I may. When getting decals into place how should I move them into place properly? Tweezers or let's say a q tip? Thanks.

Thank you for the inspiring comments everyone, l'm glad you like it, l enjoyed building this one, as it was something a little different.

What a great job you did on this. Really, Really like the engine compartment and color. About it siting low in the rear, I believe that was how they look coming out of the factory. Again, beautiful, beautiful car and thank you for sharing.         Jeff 

Wow, I hope my stock GSX comes out looking half this good...I'm putting it off because of the hood. Seems to be it would have been easier to do the entire black area as a decal...I'm worried that the yellow decal won't match the paint and that my masking to lay the black won't get clean enough lines....still need to practice that.