Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy/gmc resin 4x4 conversions???

Back when the AMT late 80/early 90s kit was new on the streets, there was a resin conversion available for the stock IFS 4x4, but I'm not sure of the company that put it out. A friend had ordered it and a 4x4 conversion for the Revell Dodge VTS and I think it MAY have been from Pro Tech, but don't hold me to it. 

Does anybody out there make a resins 4x4 conversion 

for 1988 and newer Chevy/gmc trucks ????

I think that I still have one that I bought about 10 years ago. I think it was made by Hendrix. If your interested send me a PM. I'll have to do some digging.

The Chevy short bed kits (sportside and SS454) from AMT that depict late 80's/early 90's models will fit on the snap fast '96 Chevy Tahoe chassis giving you a 4wd chassis. The downside is that the truck has to be built curbside unless you carefully carve out the molded in engine/trans from the Tahoe chassis.

The 4x4 conversion was  produced by accupro     years ago.  When they folded  their products were bought  by Randy Frost   of Perrys.   I'm not sure if it is still in his product line  or   even  if  you can still get it. Hopefully this  Helps

Edited by caryfoster1
mistake

The 4x4 conversion was  produced by accupro     years ago.  When they folded  their products were bought  by Randy Frost   of Perrys.   I'm not sure if it is still in his product line  or   even  if  you can still get it. Hopefully this  Helps

Don't think Randy sells it anymore.  It was a simplified front end.  I'd have to check my version to see if a transfer case was included.  I don't remember that there was one.

Also, the AMT Cadillac Escalade has a 4x4 suspension that can be adapted as does the curbside Revell Escalade (needs work to open the engine bay)