Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 'Vicky Rat Rod!!!

charlesdcamden

Heres my latest project. 32 Vicky, stock top, channelled, rusted using the "salt method". Mill is a Chrysler 440 with 6 one barrel carbs. Wheels are stock "steelies" and center caps left over from my 68 charger build. All questions, comments and criticisms are welcome..... Enjoy!

20160504_152320.jpg

20160504_152341.jpg

20160504_152350.jpg

20160504_152310.jpg

20160504_152331.jpg

Thanks guys! I became pretty attatched to this build so i was kind of sad when it was completed. I couldnt have done it without all the encouragement and inspiration i find in this forum :) 

thanks for posting - it's given me a couple of ideas for the Vicky I'm planning on building

it was my pleasure! you'll love that kit. The only issue i had was the backing plates for the rear drums. they are supposed to slip over the rear axle but once they are in place it doesnt allow the brake drum to slide flush with it if you use the slicks. And the kit headers are kind of janky. I tried modding mine to make them more realistic with some pieces of steel brake line and heat shrink tubing, but it seems that the temp required to activate the heat shrink also males styrene almost......gummy lol. I wound up with two lumps of plastic with a 1/4 inch of 1/8 inch brake line super glued to one end.... I just used some i found in my wifes uncles parts box haha. Good luck with your build!

m