Model Cars Magazine Forum

All the rest part 2?

Agent G

I've got a Pyro Gee Bee I need to get motivated on. It's an easy build, but it keeps getting bumped. (The box says 1/32, but it's not. The pilot figure is 1/32, but the actual plane scales out to about 1/26 or so.) 

Image result for gee bee pyro

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I've got a Pyro Gee Bee I need to get motivated on. It's an easy build, but it keeps getting bumped. (The box says 1/32, but it's not. The pilot figure is 1/32, but the actual plane scales out to about 1/26 or so.) 

Image result for gee bee pyro

I've actually got one, too - after I saw you said it was in 1/26 I got it. I sanded and dryfitted everything, then it went back in the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. It's based off an amalgamation of The Bug, a woods buggy I saw hauling logs when I was younger, and the early sand buggies.

I had a VW woods buggy years ago and they are fun to drive on trails in the woods. 4 or 5 of us would meet on a Saturday at different places and try to compete on a bank or hill to see who could make it to the top without turning over or backing back down without tearing something up. Lots of fun in those days. Also had a VW drag car but that is another story.

Anybody up for an All The Rest CB?

It's been 3years since we had the first one.

G

I'd love to get in on an All The Rest CB again. I'm not sure what I would contribute as of yet, but I still have plenty of sci-fi models in my stash. I do have a car model on the bench that I'd like to get finished first, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Ok, I've stayed silent lately to see where this was heading.

I propose we start an "All The Rest, Part 2" Community Build on August 1, 2016 to run for a year. 

Rules are, no automotive subjects, unless it's so far out of the norm it defies description. Ridge Rider's Mad Max GigaHorse immediately comes to mind here. :)

So that means we have, in no particular order:

Armor, Aircraft (all types), Motorcycles, Ships, Animals, People, Buildings, Science Fiction, Science Fact, Anime', Gundams, those funny little egg shaped caricatures of airplanes and tanks and people and.... well you get the idea.

I'll do my best as moderator.

G

Ok, I've stayed silent lately to see where this was heading.

I propose we start an "All The Rest, Part 2" Community Build on August 1, 2016 to run for a year. 

Rules are, no automotive subjects, unless it's so far out of the norm it defies description. Ridge Rider's Mad Max GigaHorse immediately comes to mind here. :)

So that means we have, in no particular order:

Armor, Aircraft (all types), Motorcycles, Ships, Animals, People, Buildings, Science Fiction, Science Fact, Anime', Gundams, those funny little egg shaped caricatures of airplanes and tanks and people and.... well you get the idea.

I'll do my best as moderator.

G

Wayne,

I will second that.  I only want to suggest one change, of course dependent upon your approval as moderator:  Would you be willing to start the Community Build earlier, perhaps July 1?

Thank you for getting this started!