Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOAPY SALES FC / OOB - I'm Almost Back - 6/17/16

Here is a model king  issue i built last year.....i have an original issue soapy sales car and they sure look like the exact same kit to me.

Banning3.JPG

I'm going with similar enough to cause confusion. LOL The tanks are different and my version has the cockpit tinwork extensions beyond the side panels.

Now, as to when I'll get back on it, I've had some back issues after climbing a really tall ladder a couple weeks ago, but it's better now. That caused me to neglect the pool, so I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow, but soon y'all. Soon.

Stay tuned.

Edited by Nytrozilla

I really like the care and detail you've put into this. The tires in particular came out great. The whole thing should be very IPMS worthy.

I'm currently building the Blue-Max Model King version for an OOB challenge at the Vintage Drag Models board - which was started for the same reason, to "help" guys finish a build. But I just caught heat for planning (not done yet) to wire the ignition... Shoulda kept my mouth shut...

Anyway, my kit came with three engine variations off the same block: straight-up MPC elephant motor hemi, Boss 429 valve covers to fit the kit hemi heads, and heads and valve covers to make a BBC style motor. In addition it had to front frame assemblies, coil and torsion bar, as shown above. Since I have the Mustang body I'm going with the Boss 429 look with home-made decals to match.

Thanx Bernard & Marlowe.

Joe, YES YES YES, I too like the green funny.  But I really want to know how that beer got on top of the roof that caused you to get the ladder to get it down?   cheers, tim

I thought I heard an Amazon Drone, but when I got up there, all I saw was this weird lookin' wind chime on top of a chimney stack. I didn't know Heineken made chimney's too.

A couple more "Real Life" things to tend to and I'll be back on this Bad Boy.

1426178036732-737x415.jpg