Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang II Coupe

Tom99

I KNOW for a fact that a coupe was available, and I think it was a Revell kit. It was one of the first few car models I built and suffered a tragic fate. This is a very good conversion! I wish AMT had seen fit to provide a better detailed chassis plate. 

OK, that's it. I'm going to have to spring for this. The Mustang II Coupe was not my first car, but it was the first one I loved, and I drove it all over the eastern and Southern US. After putting two new engines in it, I finally had to get rid of of it.

Not long after I joined this forum, folks told me about this: http://www.madmodeling.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/77muscoupe.html

Is that the one you used?

Very nice. I like it. Paint the car brown, and give the windows a bronze tint, you'd have my Dad's '77 Mut II.

By the way, his windows were not tinted by a custom shop of some sort. Or some aftermarket item designed to tint windows. He spent years working on it. One cigarette at a time. And never cleaning the inside of the car. It was gross.

Which is something your '77 Mut II is not, Tom.

dianes mustang

My wife owned this '74 V6 Coupe when I met her back in 1978.  I have the MAD conversion, a '74 Mustang kit (I will need to transplant the correct 74 nose onto the resin body) and the correct paint to build it.  

Tom. Who is this MAD at makes a conversion to build a Mutt II coupe? If it looks good, I'd love to get my hands on one. I too like the coupe better than the hatchback.

I must differ with you as I remember it clearly, and I believe it was a Revell kit because it used their awful split-pin method of retaining wheels, had their equally awful flat-tread two-piece tires and my mother wanted to know why I wanted that kit instead of the current Pinto like the one she drove... it was molded in a light beige, nearly white plastic.... it MAY not have even had underhood detail.... but it WAS a Mustang II coupe.

I must differ with you as I remember it clearly, and I believe it was a Revell kit because it used their awful split-pin method of retaining wheels, had their equally awful flat-tread two-piece tires and my mother wanted to know why I wanted that kit instead of the current Pinto like the one she drove... it was molded in a light beige, nearly white plastic.... it MAY not have even had underhood detail.... but it WAS a Mustang II coupe.

Should be easy to find the box on the net......But I have run a hobby shop or in kit manufacturing for more than 30 years, never seen at show, shops or ebay. 

I've won many a bet with folks over kits they think they have......like years ago folks saying they had a 76 Torino kit (we do now but not in 1980) only to bring it in and it was the JoHan 72 Torino. I myself hope you are right and can find a box  picture.....as it would give me a new 'grail'. thx

Not to win a bet, but truthfully I would love to find that darn thing.... especially, thinking of Revell in that period and AMT/MPC holding "all the cards" on annuals... Revell shouldn't have been making a new Mustang II kit anyway!  As far as even finding a box, I spent a while last night surfing and ALL i came up with was the already well-known AMT and MPC 1/25 kits.