Model Cars Magazine Forum
Harry P.

Nobody wants to chat?

Just sort of curious... the chat room is always empty.

Any reason?

I tried a chat room a long time ago and found it very confusing.  So many different conversation to try and follow.   And being a two finger hunt & peck typist I just couldn't keep up.

You would have no problem keeping up in this chat room. You'd be the only one in it!

I am the most interesting person I know.:D

Walked right in to that one.

Aren't all us model builders introverted recluses?

It's just weird.

Back when we had the chat room working, there were always people in there. However, too many people were misbehaving in there and we had to shut it down, Now that it's open again, there is never anyone in there. Maybe people don't realize the chat room is up and working again?

It's just weird.

Back when we had the chat room working, there were always people in there. However, too many people were misbehaving in there and we had to shut it down, Now that it's open again, there is never anyone in there. Maybe people don't realize the chat room is up and working again?

I just went in, let's see if anyone else does. ;)

I used to be in chat all the time, but after having it pulled out from under us for the umpteenth time, and gone entirely for about two years, I just plain don't feel like bothering with this time. 

Couple times I've seen several people in it, I've logged on...only to hear the crickets chirping and watch the others log off. I guess my virtual feet stink. 

I tried a chat room a long time ago and found it very confusing.  So many different conversation to try and follow.   And being a two finger hunt & peck typist I just couldn't keep up.

X2 :lol:

I've had a very similar experience to Bill. Saw a few people in it, logged in, even said "hello" to try to get a conversation started, no reply, then watched them log off. I guess if they don't see some earth-shattering conversation going on they don't want to be bothered!

Mis'ure 'Pewter hardly lets me on this site . Chat Rooms .. lol .. I don't think so .  Thanx ..

I've had a very similar experience to Bill. Saw a few people in it, logged in, even said "hello" to try to get a conversation started, no reply, then watched them log off. I guess if they don't see some earth-shattering conversation going on they don't want to be bothered!

I've had that happen, too.

I saw suggested someplace that it might not be the worst idea to have a regularly-scheduled chat, say 8:00 P.M. ET-whenever, and the rest is by chance. 

Charlie Larkin

Experienced team speak, & the trusty type in text chats on different applications. I'm all in for a scheduled session.

Time to get to know everyone.

Saturday at 8:00 is usually pretty open for me. 

I can stop in this weekend and see what we can do, and repeat for a few weekends. Anyone else want to join in too, in case I can't make it a week?

Charlie Larkin

What happens in a chat room that isn't covered somewhere else on the forum?

You can post in the model building question section and I'm sure you will get many responses on any subject you need to know about.

I check in from time to time and like you Harry,I find myself alone.