Model Cars Magazine Forum

How rare is it really and what is it worth?

All depends if you are a "builder" or a "collector". Ran across a fellow on a model trader facebook page. He had a tassel of models to sell. Most were ships and plane but there was a Jo-Han Roadrunner in the pile. I inquired it's condition and price shipped to me. He came back with complete and sealed ,$300 shipped. I gave it a quick "pass" as I am a builder, Maybe it would be worth it to me if I was a collector and desperately needed that for my collection

Nothing at all 'wrong' with the "collector" mindset...it's just alien to the way I'm wired.

Though I have a pretty extensive collection of models, to me they're ALL for building or parts, and most of them have already had bits pirated.

Same with my music on vinyl. I'll buy a slightly used record and actually play it rather than searching forever for a prefect sealed example and leave its virginity intact. 

If someone else wants to "collect" simply for the pleasure they get from just 'having' (and pay big bucks), that's fine by me.

At least that way, a few unmolested examples of what things were like new will survive.:D