Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trying to get back in the swing of things here. Out of high school I worked in a metal fab shop, worked there for 12 years. 95% of our parts we made were for Western Star Trucks. I thought it's about time I did one, sort of like a down memory lane build. My brother worked at Western Star when it was located in Kelowna BC. Both these builds are nothing over the top. Just trying to get get back into the hobby again. I've done a few builds. Really enjoying it again. It's been a long time since I've done a truck kit. I stretched the frame on the Star, this is a Heller kit and the wheels were plastic.  Just couldn't do it so I went and bought an aftermarket set for it. Made a mesh screen frame to stiffen where the frame was stretched. Other than that box stock.

I started the International kit (short frame) to use as the CF truck and trailer set (Pulling tandem 54' vans)  I am going to building. CF uses Volvos mostly but have a few IH as well. I wandered into a local hobby store one day snooping around and there sits right in front of my nose a Volvo kit with trailer... AND ITS MARKED DOWN TO 85 BUCKS!! I had it in my hands so fast it wasn't funny! Pretty rare kit to be marking down I thought....Anyways now I will have to start yet another truck for the CF truck build. ALL good I'm enjoying these big trucks. Here is where I'm at so far.

20160505 193809

20160505 193829

20160505 193836

20160505 193853

20160505 193901

20160505 193931

20160505 193943

They're both looking pretty good.....Everything is very clean.....Looks like you've been doing it all your life....I like the heat wear on the exhaust for the IH.....Great job...Can't wait to see what you do with these babies....

Edited by kilrathy10