Model Cars Magazine Forum

25 model T roadster

junkyardjeff

I picked it up built as a stocker at a garage sale for 10 cents about 20 years ago,it was missing the top and hood but I added the tires and flathead motor and forgot about it. About a year ago I picked up a hood and top so I got it back out and added a dropped axle up front and painted the top and hood so its done and no intention of restoring it and will leave it as it is. If I ever find out a V8 60 is made in resin I will get one and install it so I can put in a better firewall or got with a model A motor.

100_6862.JPG

100_6861.JPG

100_6859.JPG

V8-60 available in this kit...    s-l300.jpg

I have the V8 flathead left over if anyone is interested trade ?

To get back on track with the post - I like this build!

Awesome score at the garage sale too. I never get lucky like that.

I wish someone would reproduce the tires I have on the rear,I have two sizes of them and make great rear tires. I was told they are from a turbine race car kit from the 60s or early 70s and got eight in a box of parts 40 years ago and those were the last set that were not used.

I wish someone would reproduce the tires I have on the rear,I have two sizes of them and make great rear tires. I was told they are from a turbine race car kit from the 60s or early 70s and got eight in a box of parts 40 years ago and those were the last set that were not used.

I think those tires are from the AMT Indy cars of the early 60's...the Watson Roadster and the Lotus...I too wish they would be reproduced!

For some reason I thought those tires were special since them and the altered wheelbase 65 Chevelle are the only things I have from those parts I got in 74,I have put them on a bunch of models since then but they are on what they will be staying on.