Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 Website.

Is the older Useful version of the Round2 site gone now. It had directions, and links the live Round2 blog, that the New Round2corp site does not have. Speaking only as a user, I'd like the share with Tom L. and John G. the fact that the dollars they spent on that craptacular new website would have been far better spent on Jack Daniels, Hookers or Blow. If not that then restore some tooling. The 'new' website is Flashy, hard to navigate and far from useful. It looks very 2008-9, and not nearly good as the guy who sold it to them promised.

I'd just like to see the posts on the blog, since the one linked at the 'new' site has not been updated since 2015.

Rant Over.

Alan

not bashing Round 2 - I hope they are still working on the web-site. 

The old web-site was great - lots of information in the model cars section and easy to find what I was looking for.  Information was readily at hand for the new releases and current kits. I could go right to what I was looking for.  With the new web-site, I couldn't find anything worthwhile and gave up...

Round 2's old website was the best in the industry (IMHO).  Their new one is darn near useless.  There was absolutely no reason to change from the old one, it was set up perfectly: pick the brand that was of interest to you, and the newest/upcoming releases were displayed at the top, with older releases/previous years in descending order.

The availability of the PDF instructions were invaluable, in my book.  I'm just hoping they at least keep the old site frozen in time, as it is now, since I still go back to it to research contents of some of the older kits I consider purchasing.  (Probably too much to hope that will go back to actively updating the old one...)

Robert, a 1/2 hour searching this afternoon, shows me that the old site is gone. It was there two weeks ago, but now the webaddress for the old site goes to the new site. So we are out of luck.

(of course, I could have been just having a bad day online) I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. Having the directions available sold me more than a few of the "new" Round2 kits. Great move getting rid of a sales tool. (Not)

I'm adding my voice to this one. I agree 100% with the above comments. The new website sucks. The old one worked so well. I actually enjoyed just going there and browsing. And see the instructions a head time, helped with several my decisions on buying a kit from time to time. Sometimes seeing for instructions got me more interested to the kit. The new site is worthless. It's all flash with no substance. I rarely go there. And when I do, I rarely find what I'm looking for and leave. I can learn more about their kits doing a regular Google search. Or, in must cases just come here.

Have any of you told the Round2 people about your complaints?

I don't go to their site, so I wouldn't know the difference between old and new, but you may want to let them know you are unhappy with the new site and see what they say.

IMHO, that is.

Russ

Russ, the Snail Mail letter goes out to them later this week. I intend to share with them the fact that I'm not alone in complaining. I honestly felt that I was the only one who felt this way. It startled me to have others agree with me.

Alan

I have had the same problem as the rest of you guys, couldn't get past the first page, let alone find the information I was looking for! Not a very good way to attract new customers, or keep your old ones!

Wow, the new site is horrible!  It's arguably prettier, but pretty useless as a resource.

I can't believe they took all the instruction sheets offline.  I just sent Round2 an email expressing my disappointment and telling them that I'd probably buy more Revell kits now since they have the instructions online for my review before purchase.

Edited by dmk

• 1 month later...

Fear not, citizens! All is definitely not lost! You can use archive.org's Wayback Machine to access the old Round2 site pages from Oct. 26, 2005 to April 16, 2016. The last date for the old site is May 31, 2014. You can still access and download PDF instructions by merely clicking the instructions link for each model of interest.