Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Porsche 906 in 1/24?

I saw one being chased through the streets of Miami by a certain white Testarossa on an '80's TV show......... liked it every since! I've found some in 1/16 scale, and some slot cars, but I'm wondering if one was made in 1/24 or 1/25........

Thanks for any info............! 

It's going to take some looking. Ebay doesn't have any of them right now. 

For the top resin kit, it's made by Fernando Pinto Models of Portugal.

There's a multi-media longtail kit too.

Porsche 906 L Le Mans 1966

n°30/31/32

Profil 24 - Nr. P24097 - 1:24

Boxart Porsche 906 L Le Mans 1966 P24097 Profil 24

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Hi,

FPPM has both long and short tail versions.  It does have an engine etc.. so unsure how full detail you wish to get but I think its a great kit.

https://www.facebook.com/fernandopintomodels/

The Arii/LS is not full detail and a slot kit of sorts.  I'd strongly suggest Fernandos kit.  The Profil is not full detail but they make cool kits.

PS It's very advanced, the instructions are hand drawn and assumes a certain level of aptitude and experience.

Edited by aurfalien

Do you know if the Arii kit is full detail? Looks like something I would have to get from the 'Bay, huh?

As Brian mentioned, the Arii kit is basic kerbside, no engine or suspension detail.  It's a good one for the slot car guys.

Tamiya also did a re-issue of their slot car body a few years ago, and pop up on ebay occasionally.  It's only the body, glass and flat tray interior, so not ideal for a detailed model, unless you scratch build it all.

Edited by slotbaker

Thanks for the info, Steve...... Does anyone know anything about the 1/16 Bandai/Entex kit? The box reads that it is full detail, but I've read elsewhere where it's meant to be motorized........?

Again, thank you for the help......  :)

• 1 year later...

Hey, Guys...... I'm still curious about the 1/16 906 from Entex/Bandai........ It says on the box that it's full detail, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen one in person?

or maybe seen one online somewhere with a review of the kit?

This would be an excellent gift to get myself for my upcoming birthday, I think.............. :)

• 5 years later...
On 5/7/2016 at 10:25 PM, JollySipper said:

I saw one being chased through the streets of Miami by a certain white Testarossa on an '80's TV show......... liked it every since! I've found some in 1/16 scale, and some slot cars, but I'm wondering if one was made in 1/24 or 1/25........

Thanks for any info............! 

As a matter of fact, I actually have a few plastic unbranded Porsche 906s that appear to be in that scale range. These Porsches were made in China. I have an article on HobbyTalk which discusses this.

3 minutes ago, 77Pacer said:

As a matter of fact, I actually have a few plastic unbranded Porsche 906s that appear to be in that scale range. These Porsches were made in China. I have an article on HobbyTalk which discusses this.

And another thing, the '80s show you saw the Porsche 906, I believe it was Miami Vice. Here's the link to a video clip showing the scene I believe you are talking about:

2 hours ago, 77Pacer said:

And another thing, the '80s show you saw the Porsche 906, I believe it was Miami Vice. Here's the link to a video clip showing the scene I believe you are talking about

Yea, that's the chase scene......... It is at the beginning of that episode. These in 1/16 scale usually go for about $100, which is kinda cheap for a large-scale vintage kit. I just haven't had the funds when one was available...... One day, maybe!  ;)

• Like 1