Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

philo426

I envy many of these smooth paint jobs, something I'm still struggling with after 60 years. What I consider my best, and favorite, is 20 years old and I haven't duplicated this application. It's enamel from my first cheap air brush and I hadn't heard of paper polishing yet.

68VWBug_DSC3239.jpg

68VWBug_DSC3230.jpg

Edited by Foxer

There are some really nice paint jobs here, with some wicked smooth paint. Nice idea for a thread, thanks for starting it.

The two "natural" flame jobs really stick out for me, really great work guys! That is one technique worth working on and having in your quiver of tricks and techniques. 

Not my actual paint job but nevertheless my favorite,my daughters very first build/paint right before she turned 11,not one sag,run,or dry spot on this car........love to know her secret......

042-4.jpg

046-5.jpg

053-3.jpg

Edited by Badluck 13

Not my actual paint job but nevertheless my favorite,my daughters very first build/paint right before she turned 11,not one sag,run,or dry spot on this car........love to know her secret......

042-4.jpg

046-5.jpg

053-3.jpg

Very cool Mike!

This one has not been built yest but is one of the tough mask jobs. It was painted Krylon(old formula lacquer)White then Tamiya TS-47 Chrome Yellow and to finish Krylon Lacquer Black. Note the driver "John Winter" was fake name because the real driver didn't want his family to know he was racing.

lm851.jpg

Dscf3929.jpg

Dscf3931.jpg

Edited by 935k3