Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

philo426

Of all I've done, I think I like the all gloss black Mustang LX or metallic blue Dart HEMI of mine the most.

90mustang-3.jpg

68dart-8.jpg

they can complain about that Mustang kit all they want but I think THAT'S the way Ford should have built it in the first place. That mile deep black doesn't hurt a bit either, nice job on a tough color.

My favorite paint job

10150672_784569664911082_669234094576215

10300272_784569784911070_462155656492243

out of curiosity, did you see what the real Janis Joplin Porsche sold for just recently? My entire family could retire quite comfortably on the $11,000,000 that it brought at Auction. Maybe you should contact Sothebys, maybe the new owner would spend a couple of hundred thousand for a nice model of his new car ??

out of curiosity, did you see what the real Janis Joplin Porsche sold for just recently? My entire family could retire quite comfortably on the $11,000,000 that it brought at Auction. Maybe you should contact Sothebys, maybe the new owner would spend a couple of hundred thousand for a nice model of his new car ??

I usually build model for me, I mean, not thinking to sell them. Except when I build commission models. I had a pretty good offer from a Saudi Arabian prince, in fact my 356 is in a art gallery in Europe, so when he goes there can check it out. I though the 1/1 one sold for $1.750.000... Still a good amount of money.

This one ranks up there as one of my all time favorites. Mainly due to the simplicity of it. It went from an idea to a painted shell in under 24 hours.

I bought the paint color for something else and couldn't use it. So I decide to see how it looked on this. Simply drug  it out of the box, sanded the mold lines off and painted it in the  morning, put the decals on later that day,,,,, and cleared the whole thing the next morning. NO buffing or polishing at all , and it laid down like glass. And is EASILY one of my best all rattle can paint jobs ever.

976.JPG

977.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...