Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

philo426

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 2:25 AM, matthijsgrit said:

Now that's a great color! Wht paint did you use?

And those wheels, are they Smoothster wheels?

Nice car!!!

Sorry for the very slow response I do not usually look back at the older posts. Just looking today and saw this. The color is plum crazy. PPG base with a urethane clear. The clear I use is Sherwin Williams HPC 15 clear. It’s like water. Not big and heavy like most urethane clears. The wheels are the smoothster wheels! Sharp eye sir. Hope this helps.

On 25-7-2019 at 10:47 PM, Brudda said:

Sorry for the very slow response I do not usually look back at the older posts. Just looking today and saw this. The color is plum crazy. PPG base with a urethane clear. The clear I use is Sherwin Williams HPC 15 clear. It’s like water. Not big and heavy like most urethane clears. The wheels are the smoothster wheels! Sharp eye sir. Hope this helps.

no probleem, thanks for the reply!!!

Edited by matthijsgrit

• 2 weeks later...

Built many years ago... 1970 Plymouth.  These are not decal flames.  I computer created the paint masks in two slightly different sizes, one for the red outline and one for the top flames which are a yellow and orange fade.  All air brushed with House of Kolor paints, topped with a crazy pearl shimmer clear all over a custom metallic maroon mix. sOo3Oa861VX9GjE1BlLPWW_QoYs0_jwwK38_fleJnPk7vdEalaBTB1vT7An6OweUYnWcpSNLNgQtMJAh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...