Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

philo426

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few more of my recent faves. The Shelby Cobra and '99 Mustang were both airbrushed with custom craft paint mixtures with masked and airbrushed black stripes and Krylon Short Cuts Gloss Clear. The '67 Shelby Mustang is Createx Pearl Tangerine over a metallic gray base, and pearl black airbrushed stripes with Createx UVLS 4050 Gloss Clear.

3a.JPG

11a.JPG

3r.JPEG

17.JPG

5.JPEG

11.JPEG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, LL3 Model Worx said:

Man those look killer! But what is that white though... that car could pass as real with a decent diorama and some photography knowhow..

But seriously, spill it... what is that white?

Thanx! The paint is Tamiya Pearl White with a coat of Semi Gloss clear. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2022 at 5:26 AM, Plowboy said:

Some of my favorite paint jobs have little to no shine.

20210328_174951-1.jpg.cab528b078d2ca463e4275bb164b6b90.jpg

20210507_191636-1.jpg.96e74526b8dc3543a51cfaa2bd7e0613.jpg

20211009_104157-1.jpg.8b7fd5b0de68ec565f424a3fb7bbc728.jpg

Roger, I have a question for you sir. When you do your satin paint jobs, (they all look amazing) do you do any polishing? I know you use Tamiya polishing compounds, (which I just picked up) on your shiny jobs. I haven’t tried polishing a matte finish as I think it would end up too shiny?! I’m asking you before experimenting, as my next build will have a matte finish. I’ve achieved fairly nice smooth results with the Mr. Hobby super smooth matte clear and no polish. Thanks in advance for your input.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, Slotto said:

Love that butternut Impala

Thanks, I'm fond of it as well. The color is Phoenician Yellow by Model Masters straight from the can. I was trying to simulate a paint option that Chevrolet offered that year. The package had a matching interior and was only on the Impala line. The only reason I knew of it was that a friend's parents had an Impala with the package. Don't know if they did it on a convertible but in my world, why not. 

• Like 1