[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
philo426

Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

Everyone was perfect! Bravo to all of you! 

There is mine, my 1969 Nova SS396! 

The only one I took an Best paint award! 

835CAAE6-B69D-4954-9286-1F297F80ED12-618-000000B33E011010_tmp.png

C1A411D3-0496-40A2-BE2F-DF47131A1996-618-000000B3009DAC7B_tmp.png

Here are a couple of mine.

Before weathering...

After weathering...

And my most recent...

David G.

Hard to pick just one...

007.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

2039.jpg

001.jpg

ive seen that black pick up on ebay. Is it worth getting?

ive seen that black pick up on ebay. Is it worth getting?

Long gone daddy

Some more of my favorites.....   AMT Nova done with custom mix of fingernail polish2011-03-27212637.jpg?1486520485109&14865

My first attempt  with Tamiya BlackTS14

2010-12-02163453.jpg

2010-12-02163314.jpg

Revell '32 with a custom mix of fingernail polish

2011-01-22161743.jpg

Sorry about the sub par pics......

Edited by D. Battista

Candy Apple green?

Tamiya TS 52, Candy Lime Green.

G

This is the first model that I built right out of the box without having to change or modify anything in many many years. Revell really nailed it with this one.

20170214_192236 - Copy.jpg

20170214_192250 - Copy.jpg

20170214_192308 - Copy.jpg

20170214_192313 - Copy.jpg

This is the first model that I built right out of the box without having to change or modify anything in many many years. Revell really nailed it with this one.

20170214_192313 - Copy.jpg

WOW -  killer paint finish .

Dodge Dart.. in Auto Acrylic

41 Willys in Nail Polish

I did this one with three shades of craft paint over a gold base. The black was rattlecan flat black.  image.thumb.jpg.e504709594aca4c5f01baa6e

Amazing work with the tiger stripes - especially with the use of rattle cans. 

This is an old Monogram kit I built about 30 years ago, I think. The color scheme is based on a hot rod in one of Henry Gregor Felsen's books (Hot Rod, Street Rod--not sure which, now.). The book's car was a pink coupe with copper colored wire wheels. The paint is a layered combination of Gunze acrylics and some pearl powder that a group of us shared from an auto paint supply store. I displayed it at GSL, back in the '80s, at some point. Mark Gustavson told me that, had I entered it, I'd have won Best Paint, that year. Live and learn, I reckon!

100_0652.jpg

100_0650.jpg

100_0648.jpg

Beautiful paint Daniel, the pearl makes it really glow. Funny that you mention Felsen's book, that's the first book I ever purchased. I must say the picture I had in my mind back then ( 1962? ) was certainly a different shade of pink though :D

Edited by Draggon

Beautiful paint Daniel, the pearl makes it really glow. Funny that you mention Felsen's book, that's the first book I ever purchased. I must say the picture I had in my mind back then ( 1962? ) was certainly a different shade of pink though :D

Yes, Glenn, mine was too! Thanks for the kind words! Love the shot of the Magicar in your avatar.

Love the shot of the Magicar in your avatar.

Thanks, not many people know what it really is!

Thanks, not many people know what it really is!

I'm way into dragster history! Definitely my favorite subjects to model.

This is an old Monogram kit I built about 30 years ago, I think. The color scheme is based on a hot rod in one of Henry Gregor Felsen's books (Hot Rod, Street Rod--not sure which, now.). The book's car was a pink coupe with copper colored wire wheels. The paint is a layered combination of Gunze acrylics and some pearl powder that a group of us shared from an auto paint supply store. I displayed it at GSL, back in the '80s, at some point. Mark Gustavson told me that, had I entered it, I'd have won Best Paint, that year. Live and learn, I reckon!

100_0652.jpg

100_0650.jpg

100_0648.jpg

I love Porsches!!

The green one used to be a basic blue Hotwheels 1:64 model. It was a good casting that needed a bit of sanding to smoothen out the casting marks. And then i went crazy on the detailing. Placed next to a Minichamps 934 for comparison.

Porsche 934 - 911 - SHift - Ehsanur Razsa Ronny e.jpg

I won a Lincoln Mint '69 Daytona in a raffle at the San Antonio Modelfiesta. No interest in building a diecast, but the 5-spokes and white-letter tires were awesome.  So, I decided it was time to update the shoes on my '69 Super Bee. After that, I opted to upgrade the exhaust with polished aluminum and give it a nice waxing.  Still looks nice for being painted 20 years ago.

DSC04390.JPG

DSC04392.JPG

This is one of the best paint jobs I have laid down. AMT 1966 Lincoln Continental with a HoK Kopper Pearl paint job.

PA263235.JPG

PA263241.JPG

I won a Lincoln Mint '69 Daytona in a raffle at the San Antonio Modelfiesta. No interest in building a diecast, but the 5-spokes and white-letter tires were awesome.  So, I decided it was time to update the shoes on my '69 Super Bee. After that, I opted to upgrade the exhaust with polished aluminum and give it a nice waxing.  Still looks nice for being painted 20 years ago.

DSC04390.JPG

DSC04392.JPG

Man, way cool.