Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell's '57 Chevy Bel Air Snap Kit

Fanof69

Hello to all. I wanted to make this snap kit look as stock as possible so I used the wheels from the Monogram '56 chevy kit and whitewall tires from the AMT tire kit. Painted it Rustoleum Gloss Lagoon. The pics don't quite show the correct color as they look bluer the the actual paint which is more of a greenish blue. This kit has no mirrors unfortunately and it comes with stickers instead of decals:angry:. And as usual my foil work could be better, but overall I think it came out alright. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

This pic of the interior is a better representation of the real paint color

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This was really fun to build. I've kinda been enjoying these Revell snap kits, just gotta do your own thing with them and they can turn out pretty nice. Did this '70 Chevelle not too long ago.

That came out nice! Those Revell snap kits can build up real nice, about half of my completed builds are snappers! It's a lot more fun painting and assembling a snap kit than it is to try and do a full detail glue kit, at least for me!

Looks good, but the super glossy finish on the seats, and especially on the carpeting, should not be that way.

I had an aunt who had plastic covers on all her furniture, and clear plastic runners on the carpets. Maybe this was her car. :D

Excellent job on a snap kit. Besides the super shiny interior the wheels look a little out of scale(too big) but it could just be me. 

actually, since '56 wheels were 15" and '57 were 14" that could be correct too. Very nice '57 I can't get enough tri five Chevys ?

Edited by 10camaross
spelling