Model Cars Magazine Forum

kenworth w900

i just got into model building and this is my second one model . and first time airbrushing. now i have started the revell auto transport trailer and my goal is to at least build enough cars to fill the trailer. 

rear kenworth.jpg

kenwroth full.jpg

ken worth.jpg

Looks nice.  I like the colors.  Just a little issue I see, the rear tires are not seated properly.  The should be on the outside of the wheels, not on the inside like you have them.  Like this:

Nice job on the paint. You picked the right truck kit to start with. Here a few tips.

The rear tires go over the lip

Get you some black sewing thread and cut them so the hood opens to 90 degree and not the floor.

I'm lookin forward to seeing this with the trailer, loaded down.

wow thanks for all the input guys. i just realized the wheels and that will get fixed. thank you very much for pointing that out to me. and ya this is only my second build. first was a little red express truck from amt.  

also thansk for all the kind words guys always good to hear :) 

Greg, Welcome to the wonderful world of model building. I wish my second build would have looked like that. 40+ years ago, I was armed with un-thinned Pactra 1/4oz jars and those black, nylon bristled Testors brushes. Looked like it was painted with cake frosting when I was done. Nice job on that KW. Keep up the good work.

wow thanks for all the input guys. i just realized the wheels and that will get fixed. thank you very much for pointing that out to me. and ya this is only my second build. first was a little red express truck from amt.  

also thansk for all the kind words guys always good to hear :) 

This is a good second attempt.  Fit and finish look great, as well as the paint.  I am working on my second build right now, as I am still pretty new to the modeling world.  I choose to be sadistic to myself and dive right into advanced weathering techniques to closely (as best I can) match the real trucks that I use on the farm.

thanks evryone. knwoing how friendly everyone is in this hobby will deffently help me keep goin with it. i find i always need more paint colors just so i can go to the hobby stores haha. i find my collection is growing and every cheaper model i can find i buy so that soon i will have enough spare parts to start making custom works.