Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '40 Ford Standard

Aaron_F

Absolutely fantastic! I love that you combined the chassis parts from both the stock and hot rod versions to create a completely traditional early rod. I also like the other subtle changes like the '48 steering wheel and custom wheel covers. Totally classy all the way.

B)

Excellent job, like the paint too!  Nice flathead!  '39 & '40 are two of my favorite years, you almost can't go wrong with them!!!

incidentally, on those chassis colors, it was common in forties and fifties to paint suspension components with either a favorite color or usually just plain whatever you had laying around, sometimes that included plain old house paint.  Painting frames and suspension under a full bodied car was a sign that the owner had worked on, modified the parts or just cleaned it up and painted it, then kept it clean afterwards. 

Stunning! Amazing paint and great custom touches. The red inner fenders/suspension and blue mufflers really caught my eye, it's an authentic 50s touch. Today not many builders of 1:1 cars would paint their running gear in multiple primary colors, but in the 50s it was fairly common.