Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy Convertible, Mild Kustom

Tyler62990

So here's a Monogram 55 Chevy convertible I just finished up. One word sums this one up... nightmare. It's a really decent kit, I just had a lot of problems for some reason. Anyway, this one was built to resemble how I'd build a 1:1. The engine bay was wired and plumbed, the suspension modified to put her a little closer to the ground, and some leftover sidepipes from a Revell 49 Merc for that kustom look are the only real mods that seperate this one from a box stock version. It was painted with Duplicolor touch-up paints and cleared with Testor's Wet Look, both from the can. After sanding and polishing the insane amount of orange peel I'm known for, I applied some BMF (the continental kit was a real treat) and decals and called it a day. I also left the optional tops removable to switch up the display a bit. Well enough talk, here she is. Thanks for looking!

Very nice, the red is beautiful. Great build in all aspects. I like the continental kit....lt's amazing how versatile 55's are...they can can be such an aggresive and cool looking muscle car, yet with the continental kit and lowering it into the weeds, they can look so elegant and classy as you have portrayed nicely here. Well done!:D