Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy Convertible, Mild Kustom

Tyler62990

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the very kind words guys! Always appreciated

That's a cool '55. Nice stance and color combo. You say it was a nightmare.  What were the issues you had?

Mostly paint and my heavy handedness. The only problems with the kit itself are the engine has to be mounted perfectly to get the hood to close, the door handles, rearview mirror and those god forsaken two piece side mirrors have no locating pins/holes (great if you're going for the shaved look) or they're very faint, the bumpers are a real pain and the dash assembly gave me PTSD lol. It really is a good kit, but definitely not a throw together.

Thanks for all the very kind words guys! Always appreciated

Mostly paint and my heavy handedness. The only problems with the kit itself are the engine has to be mounted perfectly to get the hood to close, the door handles, rearview mirror and those god forsaken two piece side mirrors have no locating pins/holes (great if you're going for the shaved look) or they're very faint, the bumpers are a real pain and the dash assembly gave me PTSD lol. It really is a good kit, but definitely not a throw together.

I am coming up on all that assembly. I see I have a few fun nights to look forward to.

Except for the weird angle of the inside rear view mirror, very nice!

Perhaps his girl bumped it getting out!

I like it just fine. Clean build shiny paint and the all important stance. The photos just enhance the over all look. Even the mirror!

Edited by James2