Model Cars Magazine Forum

good question - i think

ok i`m about to do my 1st  big rig  went to  H.L.  and bought the KENWORTH 900 BY  REVELL -  also there was the  car  carrier  my question is  if later i buy the carrier  do you think it will hook up to the  tractor ????  - THANKS

This is actually an old kit released through the years as a Snap Tite kit.  These photos show  earlier releases of your exact same kit (molded in different colors).  Why now the box says "glue required", beats me.  Probably a marketing strategy to attract veteran kit  builders.  I've built four of these kits without glue.

2345.JPG

$_57mm (14).JPG

It is a nice, straight forward kit. Lots of potential. Some of the kit parts can be a bit tricky, mainly the tires. Once you get comfortable with a truck kit, you can customize the snot out of it, with not much effort. This is what I did with the exact kit you have.

2345.JPG

$_57mm (14).JPG

Built both of these versions.  The silver on in 1985, and I still have it.

The orange one was an eBay purchase in 2009.  The orange plastic was very strange.  Almost translucent.  Here'a what it became:

Really?  I mean it's personal preference, but I'm more partial to the black one.  That's not to say that I don't like the gray one, because I do.  It's the only surviving link to my teenage building times in Miami.  Is it gray?  I always thought it was supposed to be silver.

That's the color the plastic comes in.  I just put the decals right onto the plastic.  My plan is to rebuild this using the most recent reissue, and my "updated" skills.  Should be interesting when they are posed together.

ok i`m about to do my 1st  big rig  went to  H.L.  and bought the KENWORTH 900 BY  REVELL -  also there was the  car  carrier  my question is  if later i buy the carrier  do you think it will hook up to the  tractor ????  - THANKS

Simple answer, YES! Years ago the last time the carrier was reissued, somewhere around the 2005 time frame, I put it one the back of the Revell Pete. 

Also, the carrier is surprisingly strong, all but two of the cars on mine in the above pic are diecasts, only the front and rear cars on the upper deck are plastic.