Model Cars Magazine Forum

So the whole problem is with the wire wheels? The expensive answer, of course, is modelmotorcars.com. But contact Marvin Meit there for his opinion. He'll shoot you straight and is always ready to help, even if he doesn't sell you something.

Edited by sjordan2

The only way to repair the wheel is to take it completely apart and rebuild it. And hope that you have enough spokes to actually finish it. If you want to give it a shot, I can send you the instruction manual, which of course covers wheel assembly.

I built one of those for somebody but I didn't have to repair it. But those wheels came with a built in fixture for holding the spokes in place. It was half built when I got it because two other model builders couldn't finish it and they never built a Pocher before. I have their Bugatti Type 50T that I built in '82 so that got me the job. So I finished it up and got paid $750 to do it too.

I think I  have driven 9 Duesenbergs over the years with SJN 564 being the best. For obvious reasons Duesenbergs  are my favorite Classic to drive but I have to tell you that a V12 powered Packard is quite a thrill too, as is a Franklin, particularly with 12 cylinder power. Lincoln K's and V16 Cadillacs are just trucks. Beautiful trucks, bur trucks all the same. A blower Bentley is pretty freaking amazing too. I have sampled just about everything out there and when tuned correctly a Full Classic is a thing of beauty on the road just as they are on a Museum floor.  And of interest to readers here, while complicated,  Rolls Phantoms are really great cars to drive.