Model Cars Magazine Forum

One car for life

I'm with ESPO on this one. Since I was born in 1944 I guess it would have been a jeep.

Don't forget the Dodge weapons carriers. A little bigger, little more capacity, and they were made in several body styles including staff car, ambulance, radio truck, and so forth. (I think the standard soft-top--essentially, a roadster pickup--is pretty cool).

On the show they didn't have to worry about war babies so I think it would only be fair to those born during the war to be able to pick anything from the 40's. If it was me I'd go with a '40 Ford sedan delivery.

Assuming I always had parts to keep her healthy, I'd have to say my 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab with the V6. She has 180K on her now and I will really be sad when it's time to put her down. I've never had a car I've liked this much. Comfortable, plenty of interior space, room for five. V6 has decent power and is a great highway car with 24mpg. Short bed but long enough. 

I have my car for life. A 1968 Coronet 500 convertible. FF1 green with the original green top and a white bucket seat interior. Super reliable 318 under the hood. It's the same car I drove to prom in 1987.

Carmak

Being born in 1978 my choices are pretty lackluster lol.  I guess figuring in the lovely winters up here in these parts I'd probably take a Ford Bronco, first year that they were full size.  Otherwise, a Trans Am would be about the only car I'd consider.