Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 72 Nova

cobraman

For me, this will be a special build. It will be a replica of a car owned by a neighbor of my best friend in Illinois. I have never met this man but my friend speaks very highly of him. He is a Vietnam vet and is fighting cancer. In addition his wife has some health problems they are dealing with. Now I know a model is not going to fix anyone's problems but if it can just make him smile and be happy for a little while it will be well worth it. Later I will post photos of his car. I ordered a cowl hood from ebay as well as a Vette kit to get the right wheels. I have built this kit in the past and always wondered why they chose to do the fenders as separate pieces. Can't recall another kit they did this to.

For me, this will be a special build. It will be a replica of a car owned by a neighbor of my best friend in Illinois. I have never met this man but my friend speaks very highly of him. He is a Vietnam vet and is fighting cancer. In addition his wife has some health problems they are dealing with. Now I know a model is not going to fix anyone's problems but if it can just make him smile and be happy for a little while it will be well worth it. Later I will post photos of his car. I ordered a cowl hood from ebay as well as a Vette kit to get the right wheels. I have built this kit in the past and always wondered why they chose to do the fenders as separate pieces. Can't recall another kit they did this to.

cobra%20and%20nova%20002_zpszzpglqzx.jpg

AMT used this sparate fender body for the 1972 Pontiac Ventura,  Novacaine funny car, and the stock 1972 Nova. One body fits all , differrent front fenders

I just wanted to say that you are doing a very admiral thing for your friends neighbor. Good stuff Cobraman Good stuff. A good heart also touches others . I've always liked this kit  ( funky fenders and all ).  Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing this with us.      Jeff 

First let me commend you for you thoughtfulness in this endeavor. The front fenders are fiddly but doable, the only real problem with the front fenders is that the front edge of the wheel opening is a little far forward. Other than that it is a nice kit. I know it is what you have, but the Revell '69 Nova will work well with just the removal of the front fender louvers.  

one of my favorite Chevy kits of all time......have this BHC issue as well.....very kind thought  building it for this man....wonderful to see such a  kindness,,,,,oh, your color, hood, and paint treatment look outstanding as well....great work....the Ace....:)

Got some more done on the Nova but am now at a standstill waiting for some resin cheater slicks. Only going to wait about another week or so and then I will just mount some regular slicks on it. Won't be that noticeable anyway but I just would like it as close as possible to the mans car.