Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite British band

Harry P.

Im not a fan of the Beetles, neither were my parents. I understand they were big, people liked them, they're just not my cup of tea. Zeppelin is a bit played out for me. Im not all that crazy about Floyd. Of the "big 4" from Britain, I understand they were very popular, still are, but I prefer the Stones over the others. 

Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Def Leppard, Thunder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87BRGJf3wTU), Grim Reaper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGvU4XXntMk) and AC/DC.  I don't care for the Beatles at all (and neither did my parents), and I'm not big on Pink Floyd.  I can handle the Stones, and like a lot of Zepplin.

You might be interested to know that Manfred Mann was actually born in South Africa, as was Peter Gabriel. 

I just looked up Manfred Mann the group. The group is listed as English out of London. I guess i must be taking part in to many topics so i will not be trying to participate in any more music boards. So i am sorry

I looked them up and they are american. Bad weekend for me been in bed almost all weekend with MS.

No worries Carl, they were probably influenced by some of the British metal bands listed here.  Hope you are feeling better, my friend.

I just looked up Manfred Mann the group. The group is listed as English out of London. I guess i must be taking part in to many topics so i will not be trying to participate in any more music boards. So i am sorry

When I said that he was born in South Africa, I did not mean to imply that the band was South African. They are very much a British band as Manfred moved to the UK when he was still in his teens. I was merely adding an interesting fact to the post. It seems that I may have been misinformed regarding Peter Gabriel being South African born. My apologies.

Edited by GTJUNIOR