Model Cars Magazine Forum

1929 Model A 60's Custom - Now in 'Under Glass'

maltsr

I saw this restored '60's custom at a local car show this weekend and was inspired to create something similar based on the Revell '29 Roadster.  I'm using the channelled version of the chassis, with a raised front crossmember and '32 front axle from the Stacy David kit, which also supplied the rear arches (suitably modified to fit and bobbed).  The Stacy David front guards will also be used.  Parts box tyres and AMT '34 street rod wheels add to the look I'm going for.

IMG_0304_zpsjw25gzdx.jpg

P1060739_zpskoxicwth.jpg

Edited by maltsr

Progress so far on the Model A..  body painted with MM Dark Cherry Pearl, which flows somewhat differently compared to the Tamiya cans I'm used to, resulting in a lot of paint on the model.  Just a couple of dust bunnies to sort out before I clearcoat.

The chassis is 50% done, painted to match the body with scratchbuilt rear coil overs:

Engine is Duplicolour Oyster Gold with basic plug wiring.  The fuel injection even comes with a groove for adding a fuel line feed - kudos to Revell!

That's a very nice color. I'll have to remember that one for something I have in mind.

I'm a Tamiya user normally, but I thought this colour sounded cool.  I bought it for a different build though :unsure:.

I'm a Tamiya user normally, but I thought this colour sounded cool.  I bought it for a different build though :unsure:.

Interesting, as I use Testors exclusively so far, though today I just ordered my first can of Tamiya (Cobalt Green). I'm anxious to try it.

Progress on the Model A - front and rear axles have now been fitted, together with exhausts.  I have also fitted a smooth panel to the dashboard ready for the Revell '32 Ford gauges.  Firewall is gloss white, interior is Tamiya Pearl White.