Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Studie

Volksfan

I have not been working on models for a week because I have been frustrated with my first two builds. My 68 beetle and Meyers Manx. Both have paint issues and I am most likely going to strip the paint from them with purple power. 

However, on the bright side, at a car show, I picked up a vintage amt kit. 

The 1963 avanti Reggie Jackson collection.

I'm going to begin painting the engine and chassis tomorrow (maybe) but for now i was practicing with BMF on the avanti script. And for my first time, it came out almost perfect! It took me like 15 minutes!B) But I think I'll just Polish through the paint with the foil under the paint to be sure no mistakes happen instead of trimming around the letters.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Ok, I've been slacking off with this for months. But in the last 2 weeks I got quite a bit done.

• I assembled the engine. I'm not adding spark plug wires but I am most likely going to add wiring to plumb the carberator.
  • I painted all of the interior parts tamiya racing white and bright red. I'm starting to detail them by adding bmf, flocking, and detail paint.
  • I added the exhaust to the chassis. I still need to assemble the suspension, driveshaft, etc.
  • I've been working on the body since there is a lot of mold lines and I need to fill in sink marks with putty.

• 2 weeks later...

DSCN0001_zpstruvyc8v.jpg

So I finished the motor. I used some 0.015mm copper wire for the spark plugs and fuel line. I painted the spark plug wires dark blue and the fuel line a silver metallic. I also added a throttle spring that was part of a filament from a light bulb.

Edited by Volksfan