Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 willys gasser

dragzz

just doing this for a friend  i just did the repaint and going to do the wiring on it for him and run the lines . the paint i use was nail polish then did 3coats of clear it came out look great let me know what u all think here some pic  

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Edited by dragzz

• 1 month later...

well i found some more of the same nail polish that i was using for the paint took a bit to find it but i got it  so i got the hood and doors all in paint and cleared  came out looking great here some pic i took out side of it

IMG_20160705_175106.jpg

IMG_20160705_175106.jpg

IMG_20160705_174939.jpg

IMG_20160705_175045.jpg

IMG_20160705_175035.jpg

Looks good, Thomas. Holy cow, one bottle of nail polish wasn't enough?:lol: Although its best to paint everything at once, it looks like there was no problem with the paint and flake matching? I wonder how it would look, with a coat of candy over the flake....Hmmmm

Cheers,

Lance 

Thomas, it's been a while since you first posted these pics, but it's been recently commented so I'll chime in.

My thoughts are that the paintjob quality looks very nice.  Just I dislike the flakes, they appear way out of scale and look odd to me.  Like the beginning of a 1st snow settling on the car.

I like doing candy and metal flake paint myself with House of Kolor products, none of them have such large flakes, and that stuff is real automotive paint.  Nail paint is nail paint, those flakes look funky to me too on real fingernails, and I just don't like the look on a model.

This is just my opinion.

Thomas, it's been a while since you first posted these pics, but it's been recently commented so I'll chime in.

My thoughts are that the paintjob quality looks very nice.  Just I dislike the flakes, they appear way out of scale and look odd to me.  Like the beginning of a 1st snow settling on the car.

I like doing candy and metal flake paint myself with House of Kolor products, none of them have such large flakes, and that stuff is real automotive paint.  Nail paint is nail paint, those flakes look funky to me too on real fingernails, and I just don't like the look on a model.

This is just my opinion.

While it may not be an exacting scale flake, I think its pretty close. Being 1/18th scale makes it more believable, than 1/25th scale would. Remember, this represents Metalflake, not Metallic paint. JMO:) Check out this site.

https://www.metalflakecorp.com/metalflake-metalflake.html

Cheers,

Lance

hello 10thumps  what iam trying do with the 1941 is do the same paint job as the 1960 was back in the day yes i do know what u mean by todays looks. but this going by the the old day .thank u for the info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...