Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Dodge Charger; interior work

Roadrunner

No problem. I tried it on a rusted out project I was working on and it worked perfectly. 

Cool. I still have not went out and got a chamois, but intend to do so. I find that an old cotton T-shirt still works pretty good and I have a brand new package of cheesecloth I want to try out as well.

I had a "freak out" moment yesterday; went to play with the body some more (I keep it in a place that's well away from any potential harm), and saw what appeared to be a large gouge on the right rear roof. I started polishing it, hoping it wasn't damaged too much to be saved, and it turned out to be nothing more than some dried polishing paste!

I was so relieved to see that it wasn't actually damaged.

Hi Kevin,

This build is really looking sweeeeet!!!  Wonderful shine on the paint.

Randy

Thanks, Randy. From what I understand, my new sheet of BMF should be here tomorrow, so perhaps I can start finally adding the trim to the body.

Edited by Roadrunner

The Billy Preston song “Will it go ‘round in circles” comes to mind here, as I repaint portions of the seats,… again. I got ahead of myself here, painting the seats again, before insuring that I’d corrected the mistakes that led to the need for a repaint to begin with.

Thanks a bunch. I had earlier determined to paint the hood satin black, so I've now went ahead and done that.

hood%20003_zpsyvic94pi.jpg

That looks really tough like that!  I just am in awe of

how shiny and deep that finish is!!  I just love it.

Your making me want to grab my '68 kit and give

it a start in the "build it world" here!!!

Thanks for sharing,

David S.