Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Dodge Charger; interior work

Roadrunner

Utterly bored out of my mind here lately, I've decided to start getting the body of this one ready for paint. Color will be Testors Star Spangled Blue lacquer (I have four cans of the stuff, so why not). As is customary for me, this will be curbside, using stock wheels and AMT tires.

charger%20002_zpsteidotlb.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner

That will be a good color for it.

Are you interested in getting rid of the engines, racing parts and racing decals? If so, PM me please.

Later- 

Probably not, as I like to keep those items for future projects, though I might be able to help with the racing decals.

Making good progress today, or so it seems to me. Lower front pan had a short shot on one corner (of body), so I added a backing sheet, and globbed it up with CA. Mister Surfacer shows what still needs to be done. I also added a "bridge" between fenders to support front of hood, as it hangs too low as is.

This is a project I have on my list to complete hopefully sooner than later..  Ill be watching this for tips and details..  Good luck and lookin' good!

Thanks a bunch. I'm looking real forward to spraying some color on this beast, but still have some work to do to the body.

Speaking of work, the last two bodies I've painted, the hood area ended up being very problematic, so I'm tweaking this one for the absolute best fit I can get, before primer and paint. As you can see, it still needs some work.

68-17%20002_zps1a8yqkkv.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner

Great planning Kevin. There's nothin' like experience to draw from.

That's one thing I've been very guilty of so far, not planning ahead. I have a '71 GTX almost ready for paint too, but the hood area needs to be scribed, as it's going to look terrible if I paint it the way it is now. Had I taken the time to do it right to begin with, I'd be painting it now.

yes making sure it all fits and is level is a must :) i would look at the panellines on the charger .. i did one without cribing them deeper and one where i did scribe them .. looks way better with deeper panellines .. just look at your body they are not that deep and after paint .....