Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy Gasser

Intmd8r

Can't say how many times I almost threw out this build.  Could not get the paint/clear coat to cooperate! I only "finished" it because my 2rd old son loves this car for some reason and kept asking me about it.

Started off as the Monogram kit as the base and threw soem aprts box stuff at it along the way.  Good intention, but the end results are not up to expectations.  Doesn't look all that bad from 10ft away, so I guess that's a positive...

photo image_zpsycitkctl.jpeg photo image_zpskrn0r34u.jpeg photo image_zpskmata7or.jpeg photo image_zps73v38edh.jpeg photo image_zpsmayfkrdu.jpeg photo image_zpsdmpqvxmg.jpeg

Thanks again everyone – kind of surprised by all of the positive feedback on this one.  This model looks much better in the pictures that it does in person, but then again, we’re all our own worst critic.

Not a gasser fan, but the clean build and the color scheme make me like this one.  Maybe it's because it reminds me of the John Player Specials;  I still think they were the prettiest cars on the F1 circuit.