Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Plymouth Belvedere

Harry Joy

Nice, but those huge mold seam lines on the sides of the bumpers should have been dealt with. Sanded smooth, then either foiled, or Alclad, or Spaz Stix.

Wow and wow. I never noticed they were seams! I just thought they were meant to be that way, but looking at the finished model now, yeppers, I should have fixed them.

This is yet another reason I should take pics and examine them closely before dubbing any model complete. You would be surprised how often I find big goofs that way, even without close examination.

Edited by Harry Joy

Very nice. Refresh me guys. Why does everybody hate this kit. The roof looks a little off to me. But, really too bad.

The side trim has an obvious arc to it as it runs front to back, on the real car that trim is arrow straight.

The side trim has an obvious arc to it as it runs front to back, on the real car that trim is arrow straight.

belvedere_zps84ea1i1p.jpg

And that's the reason for all the hate of this kit. Okay, it's not right. But, I didn't know that until you pointed it out. I built one ten years ago. I thought it look okay then. I still think it looks okay now. It's not like it's Palmer incorrect. And Mr. Joy's kit looks pretty good to me too.

And that's the reason for all the hate of this kit. Okay, it's not right. But, I didn't know that until you pointed it out. I built one ten years ago. I thought it look okay then. I still think it looks okay now. It's not like it's Palmer incorrect. And Mr. Joy's kit looks pretty good to me too.

That's the basic complaint with this kit. A big deal to some, not to others.

Thanks guys.

Viewed on the shelf, the trim problem doesn't really stand out. I found this to be one of my most fun builds to date. Even though it looks like any old AMT kit when you open the box, it is really well engineered and it went together really easy. I wish they were all this easy!

I wonder what it would take to correct the side trim line ?

Cut it out of the body , straighten it and re-install it in another body .

either way, I like this one a lot . the black and light gold really work very well together