Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beach builds Woody and '32

rmvw guy

Of course I'm kidding but I would like to see someone take one of those '48 Ford woodies,cut the wood side panels out completely and fill them with some fine mesh metal screen for an open-air look where the wind and rain blow right on through.

Of course I'm kidding but I would like to see someone take one of those '48 Ford woodies,cut the wood side panels out completely and fill them with some fine mesh metal screen for an open-air look where the wind and rain blow right on through.

Lol, you are tempting me!  

So back to this one.  Paint going on some of the smaller parts.  Decided to wire engine even though no one will ever see it, figured if I was going to that much trouble on the wood I may as well detail the engine.  Haven't decided on the interior yet, thinking about some patterns for the seats.

IMG_5842.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Seem to have lost some of the decal sheet, imagine that!  It’s only been about three and a half years on this build maybe. I get distracted. A few more photos then back to work. I can’t seem to find the interior shot I thought I had, too bad about that! I covered the seats with cloth and made floor mats and added some vintage magazines oh well ? that’s all I’ve got.

3CBB9205-EF20-41D1-8482-1CD55F92E0CB.jpeg

8E5D9E4D-90BA-434C-BF0E-FA75AC27B616.jpeg

0B25C7EE-F257-4283-9928-68C7A92B92D2.jpeg

Thanks again to all you guys with your kind comments! A special thanks to all who followed the build with such patience! Lol I Know!  I have taken up to 20 years on a build in the past. This one originally was only going to be a week on the two models. Sorry for any disappointments. Had to be finished so I can move on. I kind of decided not to start any more new ones until I get caught up. We will see how that goes. Happy modeling!