Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt Der beetle bus.....

hi Doug, just noticed an original issue on ebay that has all the parts pictured, decals, the lot......I would assume the new one will be much the same, with expanded decals, mini box, etc....hope those ebay pics help you out.....best,,, the Ace....;)

Just picked up one at Hobby Town, but unfortunately I got one of the "Katch the Kat" kits molded in metallic green.....Gross! 

..........that may not be a bad thing, John....lots of collectors will want that, and you probably can fetch enough to buy yourself two more...just a thought...the Ace,,,,;)

Here's a couple of pics I had on file of the original .  I should have a new one in my hands tomorrow and I'll post some new pics then . I expect to see some tinted windows like most of the AMT reissues and hopefully it's not molded in green . 

Here's a couple of pics I had on file of the original .  I should have a new one in my hands tomorrow and I'll post some new pics then . I expect to see some tinted windows like most of the AMT reissues and hopefully it's not molded in green . 

Der%20Beetle%20Bus_zpswdezwpee.jpg

Der%20Beetle%20Bus_zpskrttue2b.jpg

that's nice of you to post this for us, Bob,,,,and thanks. oddly enough, I never have had interest in ANY of the toyish or cartoon-ish kits from the past, but for some strange reason find this to be just too cute and too cool to pass up. have to get one this weekend, as my local shop got them in today....best,  the Ace.........:rolleyes:

that's nice of you to post this for us, Bob,,,,and thanks. oddly enough, I never have had interest in ANY of the toyish or cartoon-ish kits from the past, but for some strange reason find this to be just too cute and too cool to pass up. have to get one this weekend, as my local shop got them in today....best,  the Ace.........:rolleyes:

Get rid of the weird antennae and such and it can be built into a cool little hot rod .

Get rid of the weird antennae and such and it can be built into a cool little hot rod .

I'm going out to buy one today, oh, your right....dump the antennae and maybe those eyeballs too, and it would be a neat little piece to build and own. great pics and review ,Bob,......thanks again......best, the Ace....:)

.......just opened mine a few minutes ago,,,,,I have never owned any cartoon-ish type car kit, ever....but made my first exception here....this is one neat little number, and will build into a pleasing and fun piece....glad I grabbed one, might grab another...fun, fun...the Ace..:D

Have to get extra one for tires for my Bus. Lettering is awesome. 

Lug Bug pickup only one I don't have. Love it. 

question to you, Christian....what other ones were in this series....I just got the new issue today, love it,,,so if they run the others, what will they be....thanks in advance....the Ace...:lol:

These are the other 2 of the 3. I have the van, and the new kit looks like it has the goofy arms from it. It shouldn't be too hard to close up the roof for a panel, and I think the pickup would be easy too. No surfboards or tow stuff, but shorty buses were huge back then. Not hard to bash with a Manx or pop a Vair motor in either. 

Just a silly fun kit that looks cool built. I've heard. I bought my van new in '69, it's not done yet. :o

8e526a98704487564463cb88262019de.jpgea3d44558ed3a1a1b96bfa289a83cdb9.jpg794074.jpgIMG_5271.jpg

Edited by keyser
added builts, not my builds

I wonder what the chances are that Round2 will eventually issue the others?

All three in one box would make a great set!

Buy this one so John can show the others need to be reissued.......

Slow sales will kill the other reissues for sure.....

I'm gonna make my own version of Lug.....