Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 1967 Chevy Pickup?

I thought a while back that I had come across someone who had done a 1967 Chevy pickup cab and then you would have to modify a 72 C1500 bed to fit.  I went through all my research and links plus Googled and cannot find anything.  Was there such an offering?

Edited by Exotics_Builder

I thought a while back that I had come across someone who had done a 1967 Chevy pickup cab and then you would have to modify a 72 C1500 bed to fit.  I went through all my research and links plus Googled and cannot find anything.  Was there such an offering?

There was one made, because I have one. It is a big rear window cab, but it is a 67 (no marker lights). It also has a long bed. I have no idea who made it though.

I don't recall seeing that Gerry, and I would be all over it if I had. I know there are some differences between the 67 and 68-72 years, but I was under the impression that the old AMT/MPC kit could be modified to work?

The cab would require considerable mods from a 68-72 to get to a 67.  I had come to the conclusion a resin version would be an easier path.  I did come across a diecast 67, but not very good photos to assess accuracy.

• 4 weeks later...

I know they are out there, I have a Built but no idea on who did the resin parts

Parts are Kit, others resin

it is a Longbox Fleetside

I got it and 4 others from an evilbay seller a few years ago

Kimberly'scloset/fkameltoe

Both names were used by the same seller

I also got a 70, 71 and a Longbox Stepside 72 

Have to check #5

All were built, painted.

I did replace Modern tires/rims with correct era steelies or hubcaps!!

OH, and I also have an original annual 67 too!!

Got a LOT of that era Chevy/GMC Pickup!!!!!

I can post pics!

RMR Resins has one as well. Scroll down to the 60's catagory

http://www.rmrmodels.com/Products.html

Any opinions on the quality of the RMR kits? I see some kits that I would like to get but am not familiar with the quality. I suspect that at the price point listed, they aren't in the same league as say Modelhaus , but hopefully not a resin blob either.

Any opinions on the quality of the RMR kits? I see some kits that I would like to get but am not familiar with the quality. I suspect that at the price point listed, they aren't in the same league as say Modelhaus , but hopefully not a resin blob either.

It's been a while since I had ordered from them but seems I recall that it was decent quailty. The ones I had ordered were for my brother and father and they haven't built them yet.

I've got some of his stuff. My last order was a few years ago mostly due to not getting much built, not at all a reflection on his goods or services. Everything I've got is decent, no not top end stuff like Modelhaus, but not trash. You will need to add some details, and do some clean up but it is well cast and consistent, for the price I think his stuff is a good value.

He does do some shows so can go through spells of being out of contact, but I've always had good service and fast (by resin caster standards) delivery of my orders. I think he is in PA so possible you might be able to find him at a local show selling his stuff, not sure how widely he travels.

Edited by Aaronw