Model Cars Magazine Forum

How About Some Stalled Projects?

Stalled? I have a lot of those. Here's a few.

11_23_14002-vi.jpg

falconMod007-vi.jpg

DSC982-vi.jpg

57wagon4_21_12001-vi.jpg

57pans011-vi.jpg

I love the '57 Fords.

Years ago, I converted an AMT '57 Hardtop into a mild custom convertible. I have a All American Resin '57 Country Squire Trans Kit, which I have not started, but I have all the parts to complete, and a Jimmy Flintstone Resin '57 Country Sedan to do, which I started on, using the rest of the parts from a Glue-bombed Revell Ranchero as the base.

That Falcon is pretty tasty too, as I have a '66 Promo that I took apart, and a '69 Built-up, that I plan to do as a factory skunkworks car, with the guts from an AMT '69 Cobra.

That Falcon is pretty tasty too, as I have a '66 Promo that I took apart, and a '69 Built-up, that I plan to do as a factory skunkworks car, with the guts from an AMT '69 Cobra.

I had something like your "skunk works" falcon in mind, too. I have a mint unbuilt '66 that I can pull fender molds off of, and take the '69 dirt tracker back to something like stock. Was thinking, what if Ford had pushed a high-perf Falcon platform as hard as Chevy pushed the Nova SS in those days?

I had something like your "skunk works" falcon in mind, too. I have a mint unbuilt '66 that I can pull fender molds off of, and take the '69 dirt tracker back to something like stock. Was thinking, what if Ford had pushed a high-perf Falcon platform as hard as Chevy pushed the Nova SS in those days?

Ford did build some great high-performance Falcons...Ford of Australia, that is!  If you've never seen them, do a search...they built some hot ones, with engines as big as the 351 Cleveland.  Theirs were all four-door sedans, but the later ones based on the North American '66-'70 body had some great graphics and wheels.  Their station wagons were different from ours too (better looking).

I love the '57 Fords.

Years ago, I converted an AMT '57 Hardtop into a mild custom convertible. I have a All American Resin '57 Country Squire Trans Kit, which I have not started, but I have all the parts to complete, and a Jimmy Flintstone Resin '57 Country Sedan to do, which I started on, using the rest of the parts from a Glue-bombed Revell Ranchero as the base.

Cool stuff Ron....Id have to restore the 66 Falcon promo if I had one.

I really need to get finishing my JoHan 66 Cadillac Hearse. Started it about 7 years ago. Extended the inner wheel tubs back to the firewall for a full show look. VCG resins 572 Dual EFI with a scratchbuilt coffin cover. I cut the suspension apart which was molded in so that I could use 67 Impala rear end etc. DSCF7944-1.jpg DSCF7899.jpg DSCF7896.jpg

Edited by mademan

I've got this one on the bench now . But I think I painted maybe 10 years ago,,,,give or take a year or 2.

I dug it back out here a few weeks ago in hopes to remove another long stalled project into the done display case sooner than later. 20160430_152401.thumb.jpg.a93d9d983812b3