Model Cars Magazine Forum

Inaugural LA Roadster Show Model Car Display

Art Laski

For the first time in 57 years, the LA Roadster club will have a model show during the Father's Day LA Roadster show at the Pomona Fairplex. Come on out and join us for this inaugural event!

This year, it will be a display show only, not a contest, but some special awards will be presented. This is the first time this group has entertained a model show, so let's get everybody together to show off our best stuff and make this an annual event!

*** IT'S LESS THAN 4 WEEKS AWAY, SO PLEASE HELP GET THE WORD OUT!!!! ***

Entries can be brought in beginning Saturday and up to 12:00 noon on Sunday

Awards presented at 3:00 pm, Sunday. If entries are brought in on Saturday, a pass will be provided to the builder for show entry on Sunday for the awards and to pick up the entries (the pass for Sunday DOES NOT include parking).

adster_ShowModel_Car_FlyerLisa-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski

Dittos what Chris said!

Art, I wish you and your new event good fortune, abundant attendance and participation, and overall success!  On behalf of DSC, all the same!  And I'm confident that I can say both clubs here (Moonight Modelers and Cactus Car Modelers) are equally supportive.  It sounds like a great event with huge potential, and I know it will do well. 

{Besides, if Rusty's gonna be there, it can't go wrong, huh?!}

Unfortunately, I can't personally be there this time (prior family commitments), but I'll keep the option open for next year! 

Godspeed and do well, my friend!   B)

Art.... this is going to be a great show.  Wish I could make it out and support you putting this on. I know you will do a good job with it.

Thanks, Chris. wish you could make it out.

This sounds awesome! I wish I could go but I will be out of town.

Brad, thanks for that. Hopefully we can do this again next year and you can make it out.

I'll be there, hoping to have some new stuff to put on the tables.

I appreciate it, Rusty. Look forward to seeing you. I just hope we can do half as well as you do with your shows.

Dittos what Chris said!

Art, I wish you and your new event good fortune, abundant attendance and participation, and overall success!  On behalf of DSC, all the same!  And I'm confident that I can say both clubs here (Moonight Modelers and Cactus Car Modelers) are equally supportive.  It sounds like a great event with huge potential, and I know it will do well. 

{Besides, if Rusty's gonna be there, it can't go wrong, huh?!}

Unfortunately, I can't personally be there this time (prior family commitments), but I'll keep the option open for next year! 

Godspeed and do well, my friend!   B)

Danno,

Thanks for the support! If all goes well, hopefully we can make this an annual event, and something that out-of-towners like yourself can plan for.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Chris. wish you could make it out.

Brad, thanks for that. Hopefully we can do this again next year and you can make it out.

I appreciate it, Rusty. Look forward to seeing you. I just hope we can do half as well as you do with your shows.

Bumping this, just two weeks away now and looking forward to the show.

Art, Thanks for the compliment, you are very kind. You are going to do great, you have a lot of folks supporting you, have fun with this.

Edited by 56bowtieguy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the bump, guys!

**** THIS WEEKEND!!!! ****
**** Please note: There has been a schedule change. To avoid conflict with the big show, the awards presentation has been moved up to 2:00 PM Sunday. It sounds early, but the show opens at 7:00 AM, so there is plenty of time to display your model car artwork. Table space may be limited, so first come, first served. ****

** The model car show will be in building 4**

Yeah, Mike, I'm a little late for this post, but needed a little recovery time... :)

Well, the Inaugural LA Roadster Show Model Car Display is in the books. It was a success all around, although we could've had a little higher builder participation. Nevertheless, all that came had a good time, and the show was a real hit with the public. I would also like to personally extend my gratitude to the following individuals, in no particular order, for their help to make this event a success:

Rusty Price
John Teresi
Chris Hale
John Hilkert
Jon Rahe
Ed Zinke
Bob Romero
Michael Apodaca
Ryan Cancino
Jeff Miller
The LA Roadsters

The LA Roadster club was extremely pleased with what they saw, and have already informally invited us back for next year. This is a terrific venue to expose the public to this hobby of ours. We had lots of spectator traffic both days, with very enthusiastic folks checking out the model art. As an example, we did a People's Choice ballot for our Top Five awards, and we had over 90 voters in a little over an hour. That means 90 people had to look at every model to cast their votes! It was a frenzy and quite a spectacular scene.

Edelbrock gave us goody bags, which we distributed to the participants, and to voters until we ran out! They also expressed interest in helping us out a little next year, so the future looks extremely bright for this event going forward. I know it's Father's Day and a lot of folks have commitments on that day, but I strongly encourage you to join us next year for fun, and for the hobby!

Here are results:

Top Five People's Choice, in no order:

27488268507069-vi.jpg
Jeff Miller- 1940 Willys Convertible

31488268511458-vi.jpg
Jon Rahe- 1/8 Scale Supermodified

33488268513491-vi.jpg
John Teresi- Easyrider's Streamliner

01488268601889-vi.jpg
Michael Apodaca- Tweedie Pie 

06488268606191-vi.jpg
Ed Zinke- Barry Setzer Vega Funny Car

08488268608347-vi.jpg
LA Roadsters President's Pick
John Teresi- Easyrider's Streamliner

Here is the link the rest of my photos of the show. Thanks for looking!

Inaugural LA Roadsters Model Show Pictures

Edited by Art Laski

Art and Lisa.......your show turned out great........the thing I liked best is how you got people in the crowd ......involved in voting for their favorite model pick.......the look on the little kids faces when you asked them to vote was priceless too......the people were great that participated in the show........it was a very nice area to have a show........thank you again for a great show.....I would love to go again next year

Edited by John Teresi

Hi Art - I enjoyed the photos from your show but I had to use the My Fotki link as the other one kept taking me back to the forum post !!?? There were definitely some impressive models for the public to see.

That's strange, isn't it? I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks for the comment, Phil.

Art,

Great job to you and Lisa for pulling this off with the short amount of time you had to prepare. It was a low key and relaxing event and I had a fun time hanging out with everyone. I am glad I was able to participate in the first show. Keep me posted on next year.

I took some photos as well but don't have an account yet for one of the hosting sites, hope to have that set up soon and will post my pictures as soon as I can.