Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Falcon Sedan Delivey Update 10/02

This is my very first attempt to actually work with a resin body,I found this at a local car swap meet with donor kit for $24 so I figured I would give it a try....and also my first try with Fotki being with all the issues I have had with photobucket......so I hope I have done this right.

Basically it's just going to be a curb side build and still deciding on what type of company/use it will carry when done......if I get this done.....any comment or suggestions please by all means do so being like I said this is my first resin.

Hope to get some body color on this thing this week end if all goes right....

20160501_132105-vi.jpg20160501_132259-vi.jpg20160507_144423-vi.jpg20160507_144419-vi.jpg

Edited by Badluck 13

This is my very first attempt to actually work with a resin body,I found this at a local car swap meet with donor kit for $24 so I figured I would give it a try....and also my first try with Fotki being with all the issues I have had with photobucket......so I hope I have done this right.

Basically it's just going to be a curb side build and still deciding on what type of company/use it will carry when done......if I get this done.....any comment or suggestions please by all means do so being like I said this is my first resin.

Hope to get some body color on this thing this week end if all goes right....

20160501_132105-vi.jpg20160501_132259-vi.jpg20160507_144423-vi.jpg20160507_144419-vi.jpg

I used to live in San Bernardino California in  the '60's, there was a business called San Bernardino Racing Equipment. All of his personal vehicles where black and always car show ready. He had a shop truck, a Falcon panel, that was black with gold leaf lettering on the side panels with a nice set of mags and had a 289 4speed. Just a thought, but I think a speed shop would be a good commercial type build.   

Looking forward to this build,  I have the same resin body and will be using the Ranchero kit with a small block FORD or maybe a resin FORD 6-cylinder to replace that god-awful BBC.  Of course mine is a ways down on the list.   Will watch your build with interest.

Scrapped project......stripped body once and now shot some color on and a whole lot of lint/dirt in the paint....done!.....

Geez Mike, Sorry to hear that ! i was looking forward to seeing what you were going to do to this one.

Be Well

Gator

Wow....That is a great color for this one.....Very nice clean up, too....

X's 2 Glad to see you got the paint problems sorted out. With that color you have lots of options for a two tone paint job.

Be Well

Gator

A small update....Got the BMF done ..... didn't turn out too bad considering....

20160607_213559-vi.jpg

20160607_213629-vi.jpg

20160607_213658-vi.jpg

20160607_213814-vi.jpg

Close ups kinda sure show mistakes for sure,looks a lot cleaner than the pictures show....next will be black wash panel lines.emblems and hopefully a company logo on side panels.....Thanks for lookin'

• 3 months later...