Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 1965 Ford transit (long wheel base)

traditional

Premium Classixx makes a well proportioned 1/18 British/German Ford Transit Van as a Porsche Racing support vehicle from the '60s.

I quite like these old European vans especially when they had the tiny heavier duty truck wheels including double back wheels.  I removed the Porsche Racing markings on my model and added pose-able steering as well as finishing the front wheels to not have the optional front hub cover caps as Premium Classixx depicted it.  This resin model has chassis detail....something very few resin models provide these days.

P5190573.JPG

P5190574.JPG

P5190575.JPG

Ford-Transit-Vans.jpg

Ford's original prototype long wheelbase Transit in 1964

ford transit-001.jpg

The premium Classixx model with its Porsche markings and capped front wheels

Edited by traditional

Nice Clifford, kind of surprised its 1/18 scale, and I assume its a sealed model? Also, what engine was used in these trucks? Looks like maybe a 4 cylinder, based on the size of the exhaust pipe.

Cheers,

Lance

The first of the 1965 style Transits used a 2.0 litre V4 although a smaller displacement of this 'Essex' engine was also available. As time went by a Perkins diesel was also available with a modified grille area (affectionately known as the 'pig-snout').

A V6 later became available with the same modified front end and evidently these were better hi-performers than many of the British passenger cars at that time.