Model Cars Magazine Forum

UPDATE 99 chevy silverado.

Well I picked a color you guys its testors one coat lawuer flameing orange and I found these rims on a diecast car I had and noticed therer were incerts that popped out so I painted them the same color. Look at the beefy tires on them. What do you guys think? And also what color do you guys think I should do the grill? Just black it out or...

20160519_184838.jpg

20160519_184757.jpg

20160519_184821.jpg

20160519_184729.jpg

Edited by todd.clark

Looking  good  so far. For the grill it depends on the rest of the  truck. Since the wheels are mostly chrome maybe leave the "brand bar" body  color and foil the upper and lower grills then use a black  wash. If you're really good you can sand the back of the grills out so no wash is needed, then foil or paint silver.

All I know is that you've made an EXCELLENT color choice......This is going to look pretty good if you can get those rims and tires to fit on the chassis.....I've got some of those same wheels and thinking about doing the same thing.....I'll be watching this one....