Model Cars Magazine Forum

New stuff coming from Altered States

I've been talking to Chuck at Altered States, he has some new very cool and unique vintage drag resin stuff coming out!

Besides that, we are discussing some other new products.

This isn't an ad, it's that Altered States and Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland are two of the best, if not THE BEST resin casters out there.

Chuck also is a fabricator and talented scratch builder!

We may have some alternative bodies for the Double Dragster and the slew of FED's, Ivo, Young American, etc)released from AMT's vaults by summer.

Stay tuned

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new set of racing seats today Chuck is casting from various FC and dragster kits, INCLUDING the Dragmaster Mooneyes seats! Now I can build all those chassis kits i have. Also included are seats from the Revell Austin Healy, a popular early choice for gassers and altereds. They were cheap and available in junkyards!

Also on the horizon ( by end of summer are the Greer, Black & Prudhomme world beating dragster, to fit the Fuller chassis from the Tony Nancy kits.

Other cool drag stuff are is the Burkholter Bros. first AA/FA, (the Copper Bomb), Lakey's Speet Shop Nash Metroploitan, reverse halibrand Drag wheels and the Sox & Martin 66 Cuda Funny car!

MORE TO COME!! These are works in progress, not the final product.

YOU CAN HELP, e mail Chuck at Altered States and let him know you are interested! Resin casters work hard mastering new stuff with little promise of making much money! Drop Chuck a good word, his stuff is THE BEST OUT THERE! He has a TON of stuff not on his web site, ASK FOR SPECIFICS!

http://www.alteredstatesmodels.com/

What do I get out of this? Same as you!, COOL VINTAGE and accurate , HIGH QUALITY DRAG PARTS

GBP.jpg

BHBrosCopperBomb.jpg

Lakey's Spdshp.jpg

ReverseHalibrand.jpg

S&MCuda.jpg

Edited by GaryR

the website indicates last update was 2007. what am i missing here?

You are missing where I wrote "He has a TON of stuff not on his web site, ASK FOR SPECIFICS!"

Got some cool Olds Rocket V-* and Cadillac Script valve covers, not on the site. Comp roadster bodies for the Slingster and MORE!

I'm a big fan of Chuck's and a frequent buyer of his wares. I've used quite of few of his bodies and parts, everything from dragster bodies to '27T's, interior parts, fuel injectors, and much more. All top flight, for sure, and promptly delivered to boot.

A couple of years ago I discussed with Chuck the need for a matching louvered hood for the Revell Deuce kits and we got into it far enough that I sent him some Revell louvered hood sides so he had matching louvers to work from. He eventually sent me a prototype which looked great. Unfortunately the mold had shifted when he made it and the fit was off. I wonder what ever became of it? I should drop him a line...

Meanwhile Chuck has had great success selling as olmandowntheroad on eBay. Unfortunately he hasn't updated his web site with the new eBay offerings. Another thing that perhaps web-savvy fans of his could assist him with. I agree, he's among the very best resin casters out there and his business practices are impeccable.

Go Chuck!

Here are some examples:

A digger using one of Chuck's wide selection of chute-pack style bodies:

DSCF4026-web_zpslv4nybrr.jpg

A highboy based on his super-fine 27T roadster, the nicest one on the market:

DSCF3303-web_zps26855cd1.jpg

Chuck's knockout '32 Ford Roadster Pickup:

DSCF2017-web.jpg

His '34 Ford dry-lakes Roadster:

DSCF1510-web_zps5f86c1ae.jpg

A classic mid-60's blown fueler using one of Chuck's "shorty" bodies and his Scott Super Slot injector:

DSCF0762-web.jpg

427 Hemi Hilborn injectors and Hilborn injector pump courtesy of Altered States:

Edited by Bernard Kron

Several great offerings that decals are needed for. Any ideas where to get the "correct" decals for some of these great cars?

just ak Chuck about the decals. He do sellany of the needed decals... I think they are Freemont decals but not 100%. I bought the correct Parrot decals for the nose of the Mazmanian Football Austin  whe  I bought the Austin from him. Great stuff and Great service.

You are missing where I wrote "He has a TON of stuff not on his web site, ASK FOR SPECIFICS!"

Got some cool Olds Rocket V-* and Cadillac Script valve covers, not on the site. Comp roadster bodies for the Slingster and MORE!

with internet commerce, if the website isn't up to snuff, i tend to go where it is.

so.... how does one get the super duper double top secret menu of the parts that are not on the web site???

no email address that I could find...

There's a little blue rotating "e-mail" just above the menu of parts on the website. If you click on it, it opens an e-mail in your e-mail client (Outlook for example). Chuck's e-mail is ASmodels@aol.com .

A lot of the new stuff is pretty much exclusive to the eBay postings for his olmandowntheroad persona and can be seen there. (see: http://www.ebay.com/usr/olmandowntheroad?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754). The rest is a matter of conversation and discussion with him. Like Norm Veber at Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland Chuck has done many neat parts over the years and still keeps the masters for an awful lot of them. It's always worth asking him if he might have what you have in mind.

OK, got it, thanks that helps

The blue rotating email link has so little contrast with the black background that it is almost invisible for these old eyes

I have some parts from altered states - off the web site - the parts look better than what's in the pictures here - customer service was very good as well.

OK, got it, thanks that helps

The blue rotating email link has so little contrast with the black background that it is almost invisible for these old eyes

I have some parts from altered states - off the web site - the parts look better than what's in the pictures here - customer service was very good as well.

Jeeez, don't you guys READ these posts? Like I said, these are works in progress, NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

Thanks for the updates Gary he does have some neat stuff. I'm happy to hear you got your seats I wished I could have helped but didn't have them. We're the injectors good for what you needed?

vince

Vince, I can always use drag parts! Particularly fuel injection. Thanks again!

Gary

Edited by GaryR

Another work in progress.

A 36 roadster with all the dirty work of filling and fitting done!

Jeeez, isn't it about time for a NEW 36 Ford, without the cheesy roadster / coupe deal? Revell? 1/25th please!

Here it is!

MG'36Rdstr.jpg

Edited by GaryR