Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gold Rush: Get Into it, literally!

We’ve all been taught that it’s what’s inside that counts. Well, that may sound like a platitude for the social engineering of grade school but it certainly is true when it comes to making a knock-out Street or Show Van!  Thankfully, the old MPC Dodge Van kit, including the amazingly outrageous Gold Rush, listened to what they were taught, and gave us a really good interior to grace their wacky custom vans!

Complete with “shag” carpet, Naugahyde couches and shingles (Yes! You read that right!), the inside of Gold Rush is every bit as crazy and over-the-top as its outside! Check out my take on this Vannin’ luxury love nest at the link below. The good news; you can have just as much fun with the newly released Bad Company!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/gold-rush-update-2-no-guts-no-staffroom/ 

Gold Rush 119.JPG

Yeah, there's something about these vans that just can't be equalled in terms of overall awesomeness, eh? 

That's would be cool, Mark, to have a model of the van you owned. I think MPC made a kit of those, didn't they? 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't heard or seen the word "Naugahyde" in years!

That's because naugas are an endangered species now. Dodge tried to bring it back a while ago but PETA raised a big stink about it. So Dodge decided to use snipehide now instead, because there's lots of them, but they are tricky to find.

That's because naugas are an endangered species now. Dodge tried to bring it back a while ago but PETA raised a big stink about it. So Dodge decided to use snipehide now instead, because there's lots of them, but they are tricky to find.

My wife asked me what the meat was in my gyro... I told her  the gyro was a small weasel like animal only found in Greece.   Maybe we could use their hides?

True, they were used to make Rich corinthian leather which depleted them in the wild. ?