Model Cars Magazine Forum

pro classic tv

angelo7

I watch full episodes of old tv shows on Youtube.

Me too. The Untouchable is on there, I was watching that for a while and Highway Patrol too. Right now I'm watching a Brit sci-fi show from the early 80's, Blake's 7.

I didn't build it, Angel. I just got photos off the net. :D 

Check out Atlantis Model and Toy Company's website. The old Aurora Invaders UFO is available. Wave makes a 1/48 Adamski-type Flying Saucer

ufo.jpg

It comes with clear domes so you can install LEDs. I have the 1/72 Haunebu German Flying Saucer. It's the same kit, parts and sizewise,  as the Adamski  kit, except for the clear domes. Another couple of cool flying saucer kits are  the 1/35 Moebius 913 LIS Jupiter 2, 

moebj2a.jpg

plj2001.JPG.w560h387.jpg

Image result for Moebius 913 Jupiter 2

which is 18" in diameter, and the 1/72 Polar Lights812 Forbidden Planet C-57D Space Cruiser

c57dc.jpg

RT812lg.jpg

This kit is 28" in diameter. The upper and lower domes are molded in clear styrene. 

I have two Jupiter 2s with lighting kits and a C-57D which will receive the lighting treatment also. I bought a couple hundred feet of fiber optic filament in various diameters to use in illuminating the flashing panel lights in the J2 and C-57D.

jrumbj205.jpg

ariveraj2-12.jpg

svaskc57d17-222x180.jpg

pl_0895_title.jpg

Here's my Forbidden Planet C-57D kit. It's as big as a coffee table!

C-57D_zps1wbjp6ou.jpg

Ain't it great? You could bury Jimmy Hoff in the box.  Too bad that R2 discontinued it. The 1/144 version has nothing on this in terms of sheer size and detail.

Ain't it great? You could bury Jimmy Hoff in the box.  Too bad that R2 discontinued it. The 1/144 version has nothing on this in terms of sheer size and detail.

Yep, it's pretty wicked. I had a large vac kit of the War of the Worlds Martian space ship too, but sold it off. It was about 16" inches or so wide, at least as far as I recall.

I have the smaller Polar Lights Deluxe C-57D Spacecruise kit, were engine dome lights and spins. I posted pictures of it a few years back in the "All the Rest" section of this web site. Very cool kit. Turned out really nice. Even though it doesn't have the features of the bigger kit. I have room for it in my collection. I'd love to build the big one. But don't know where I'd put it. The same goes with MPC's new, bigger, Space 1999 Eagle. I only have so much room!

I have the smaller Polar Lights Deluxe C-57D Spacecruise kit, were engine dome lights and spins. I posted pictures of it a few years back in the "All the Rest" section of this web site. Very cool kit. Turned out really nice. Even though it doesn't have the features of the bigger kit. I have room for it in my collection. I'd love to build the big one. But don't know where I'd put it. The same goes with MPC's new, bigger, Space 1999 Eagle. I only have so much room!

Invest a couple bucks for Mega-Millions and Powerball tickets and keep your fingers crossed. If you hit it, get a bigger place. If the jackpot is large enough, you can buy South Dakota. :D