Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks for the compliments guys!!

I tell you, I am amazed at all you have done!!! I have a STS version of this cab sitting on ice until I see all you will do with yours. Great work, impressive!!!!! 

Thanks Rick, I have two of the STS cabs myself. The two together cost less than I paid for this one. :huh:  Still I decided that this would be my practice cab. I hope to use one to build a model of the first truck that I ever rode in if I can come up with some decals.

I'm just about finished with the chassis. I added the shocks, throttle rod, front brake hoses, intake pipe and a few odds and ends. I still have to plumb the rear brakes and add tail lights. Then I will finish the cab.

Thanks again for all the kind words and encouragement:

IMG_1874 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

IMG_1875 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

Thanks Guys!!

I finished the interior today. It is about 90% scratch built I saved all of the interior pieces that came with the conversion for a Road Commander project. The instrument cluster and defrost vents were cut out of an AMT K123 dash, the Speedo-graph was cut from an Ertl 4200 IH dash, the fan is from Double Take, a few items from the parts box and a lot of stryrene.

IMG_1881 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

IMG_1882 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

IMG_1883 by Brian Smith, on Flickr