Model Cars Magazine Forum

Found these instructions in a box of parts I found at the flea market this weekend. Not sure what year it came out but have never seen so many show pieces in one kit. This would make a great parts pack if AMT still had the molds. I know I would buy several. I miss the days when AMT included trophies and other widgets in their kits.

SAM_0268.JPG

Unfortunately, I missed out on when they used to have all the different types of parts packs. That's some pretty cool instructions and l would love to have those parts back.   Thanks.    Jeff 

Oh, please... :rolleyes:

Would you pay $7 plus almost $4 shipping for a worthless piece of trash?

.....I have lots of those rare mini boxes....I use them as a mat to blend bottle paint colors, and others to pick my teeth after lunch...lol...lol...:lol:..the Ace..

Found these instructions in a box of parts I found at the flea market this weekend. Not sure what year it came out but have never seen so many show pieces in one kit. This would make a great parts pack if AMT still had the molds. I know I would buy several. I miss the days when AMT included trophies and other widgets in their kits.

SAM_0268.JPG

Your not sure what year it came out? I see the words '64 Thunderbird hardtop right there. And has to be 1964, since the dies to that kit were updated to the '65 Thunderbird for '65. And a '66 after that. I too, love those little extras AMT use to put into there kits back then. Later MPC did a simular thing with their kits. But, where AMT's extras seemed designed for cars on display at a car show. MPC's extras were more for cars out on the road. I also love that Round 2 like restore these parts to their kits whenever possible. I'm waiting for the '70 Bonneville hardtop to come back with the roof racks and the canoe.

Just checked my Marauder kit. Didn't see a stuffed animal or any mention of one in the instructions but it did come with phone, record player, trophy, open wheel with stand, and a few other pieces. Did manage to pick this up from e-bay several years ago. I added a few pieces and used a few pieces over the years but basically what I got off e-bay.

SAM_0269.JPG

I just enjoy multiple posts complaining about little boxes instead of discussing the cool parts like the lights, stands, car-hop trays, safes, etc. that are out there. 

Harry, start a "Harry doesn't like" thread so we'll all know how stupid we are liking something you don't. 

The floor lights are neat. I've got a couple but never had a 64 Bird. The "fountains" are odd but neat too. Very 60's autorama. 

There was a thread about all the animals around here. 8 different ones? Squirrel (could put in a little box?), lizard, mouse,.... Did they have names on instructions?

looks like 10+Kat in your bins?? 

Edited by keyser

Just checked my Marauder kit. Didn't see a stuffed animal or any mention of one in the instructions

Well what kit was that stupid dog in? I know I have one in some old reissued kit from a decade or two ago. About that time I got the '64 Merc, '49 Merc, and '57 Ford, cant think of what all else but I know I saw it....

The 64 Thunderbird was just the tip of great accessories . Go back one year to the 63 T Bird. There was a Scuba tank set and flippers . The 61-2 Buick special wagon had an "A" Frame for jerking an engine . Better and most unusual in the 1961 S M P Impala was a Bill board one could insert a photo in !

To me , this is really what made plastic model building such a creative past time in the 1960's

The mini boxes look good in a display case with completed models to me. 

I like them also and have been saving them Andy.

Just checked my Marauder kit. Didn't see a stuffed animal or any mention of one in the instructions but it did come with phone, record player, trophy, open wheel with stand, and a few other pieces. Did manage to pick this up from e-bay several years ago. I added a few pieces and used a few pieces over the years but basically what I got off e-bay.

SAM_0269.JPG

Real nice collection Terry, i have never found any of those cots or rabbits but i have some gators and mice. I save all the cool parts when I find them..