Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wonder what's next from Round2 AMT ?

ok.

I took it as will the above coming soon.?

I for one wish they would actully release the 71 Demon 340 talked about last year

As badly as I want it, I don't think that ones gonna fly though. I heard there were licensing issues with the "Demon" name or logo or whatever so it got cancelled. Grrr......

As badly as I want it, I don't think that ones gonna fly though. I heard there were licensing issues with the "Demon" name or logo or whatever so it got cancelled. Grrr......

Call it a 'Devil 340' I will still buy it.

Call it a 'Devil 340' I will still buy it.

Call it a 1970s U.S. V Corps staff car. I knew a couple of people who had Demons when I was stationed in FRG.

150px-V_Corps.svg.png

No copyright or licensing issues. V corps used this insignia well before Chrysler even existed. ;) 

Time to stir it up.

Although I like some of these kits, I think all of the above are one of the main reasons kids aren't interested in the hobby. 

Kids just don't care about hot rods from the 40s or muscle cars from the 50s or 60s.

There's a place for those kits for sure, but to attract new blood to the hobby, how about some modern vehicles that aren't Mustang, Corvette, or Challenger?

More new model trucks. Imports from Japan/Korea. Euro imports. 

Enough with the retro releases, let's see something new!

Can open...worms everywhere. :)

well, what did the Spice Girls sing....' tell ya' what I want,  ,,what I really, really  want....all the Gasser series boxes with the pop up drag strip display,,,,the double Willys  and 32 Ford kit as shown above, any and all of the race/ drag team sets like the 68 Shelby drag team, Cal Combo awb Falcon / Galaxie  set, ....even a new twist on the awb Nova Indy drag set,,,,we know the early Nova wagon is history,,,,soooo why not change the box art slightly but have the 65 El Camino camper towing the trailer with awb 65 Nova,,,,,,,,all the MPC 70s era pro stock kits too,,,,and many more, but its bedtime so i'll  sign off ...lol....the Ace.......:lol:

I expect the Lil Red Express truck, 57 Fairlane, Wild Hoss Bronco, Wildcat and Cougar Funny car from AMT.

The Flip nose 57 Chevy, Chevy Monza and Slingshot Fiat dragster

These are merely guesses based on previously released kits

Edited by Sledsel

Time to stir it up.

Although I like some of these kits, I think all of the above are one of the main reasons kids aren't interested in the hobby. 

Kids just don't care about hot rods from the 40s or muscle cars from the 50s or 60s.

There's a place for those kits for sure, but to attract new blood to the hobby, how about some modern vehicles that aren't Mustang, Corvette, or Challenger?

More new model trucks. Imports from Japan/Korea. Euro imports. 

Enough with the retro releases, let's see something new!

Can open...worms everywhere. :)

and then some way to entice them into a hobby shop to buy them.:o 

and then some way to entice them into a hobby shop to buy them.:o 

That's a tough one. Providing product is one thing, but then you need to market it to the youth. 

My son is 11 and really couldn't care less about it. He's not anti-car or anything. He enjoys cars, but he sees me at the bench, and he doesn't understand the time it takes. Even just to throw together a box stock build. If it isn;t instant gratification, it's not happening. Conversely, one of his buddies thinks it's "pretty cool" and asks a ton of questions when he comes over and see me working away. My daughter is 8 and she wnats to build with me, so I've been giving her some snap kits I had. I think she's a bigger fan of just hanging with dad and then painting than she is of the actual subject matter. Although she has a thing for Camaros. 

On another note, to answer the original question, without getting into my rant, what would I want to see? More cars from the 70s and 80s. I love the big old boats from the 70s; Ford Thunderbird and LTD, Plymouth Fury, Chev Caprice. From the 80s, I want a Jeep XJ Cherokee/Comanche, Ford T-Bird, 80s imports. I doubt there's a huge market for this stuff, but it's what I would want.

If Round 2 REALLY wants my attention , dig out a few more of the annuals !  Seeing the Piranha again was a wonderful look back at AMT's heritage and being as I can purchase a replacement for the one I had in 1965 is Theapy . I feel if they can do that one , The Ford F-100 kits or even a 60 El Camino would be a welcome sight

If Round 2 REALLY wants my attention , dig out a few more of the annuals !  Seeing the Piranha again was a wonderful look back at AMT's heritage and being as I can purchase a replacement for the one I had in 1965 is Theapy . I feel if they can do that one , The Ford F-100 kits or even a 60 El Camino would be a welcome sight

x2.          Thanks.      Jeff