Model Cars Magazine Forum

98 Civic w/8.0l V10

Aggie

I am not particularly fond of "imports" but I decided to build a Honds that I would love to drive. With this one I took a 98ish honda civic SI and matted it with 98 Viper GTS. Needless to say, the Civic was extensively modified to fit the scaled 8 Litter V10. It took up all the space in the engine bay. The body had wheel flares added to it to fit the wider and bigger Viper tires and rims. This was all done one at a time with a lot of body clay and filler and hours sanding. The drive train came off the Viper donor car as I utilized the rear drive train. The tunnel of the car had also needed extensively modification to house the transmission and the driveshaft. Lastly, the exhaust system was all made out of aluminum rod with custom made headers to fit the Civic chasses. This was a fun to build and first one that I have done of this magnitude. I have searched the web to find if anyone had done this and have found nothing. So, with everything to scale, theoretically this is possible. Just going to need deep pockets to fund such a project.

DSCN4672.JPG

DSCN4674.JPG

DSCN4675.JPG

DSCN4679.JPG

DSCN4681.JPG

DSCN4684.JPG

DSCN4687.JPG

DSCN4688.JPG