Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F350 Dually & Auto Hauler FINALLY a decent update August 19, 2016

Well, thanks to both of you, Doug and Matthew.....I was thinking I'd make just a hanging cable for the spare, probably like yours, Matt....Since I'm building a trailer for it, anyway, I thought I'd add it to that...... I often see the spare for the truck stowed somewhere on the trailer along with the other spares........

I did make some progress, this weekend, though....I threw a temporary spare till I figured out what to do....Anyways....Here's my progress, thus far....

unspecified5XY6SXO3_zpsnn4mxjr2.jpg

unspecifiedX97O579R_zpsug0gy31q.jpg

unspecifiedASSMG84N_zpsacb66rmu.jpg

unspecifiedIOD9O25I_zpsicmx9woc.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 months later...

Can't believe this is taking me so long to get this one to this point.....It's been so hot in my garage, I had to put this one on hold for a while.....But....We got some rain this week, and it's been MUCH cooler in there.....It didn't take long for me to get all this fabbed up to what you now see.....

A very special thanks to Danny, again at Scenes Unlimited for the dually fenders and the 5th wheel hitch....I'll have some shots of those, soon.....They haven't uploaded to my dropbox, just yet, for some reason......Everything worked like a charm and made this model possible.....

Because this is taking so long, I opted to go with a 3-4 car hauler.....Just easier to build.....It's probably going to get hot, again and I don't know how much time I'll have.....I'll get onto a 5 car hauler, soon enough....This trailer will go onto a die cast Chevy Dually, eventually.....

20160819_142743_zpsqvmtylam.jpg

I left the window pieces out to allow my dog to breathe.....

20160818_194510_zpsk4zla6b4.jpg

20160819_143726_zpstpj3wa5d.jpg

Gotta get the trailer cleared and some more do dads to add, and It'll be ready to load......

Edited by kilrathy10

JT ,

Glad to see that you are still working on this one. What you've done thus far looks good.

I hear ya on it being hot. It gets hot here in the afternoon , to where you don't want to move or anything. Stay frosty dude !

Be Well

Gator